God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, July 13, 2024

OUCH! SWOLLEN ANKLE

July 11th: Last evening, as we were going for a drive - I felt a sharp nip on the side of my left foot: some insect had nipped me. I didn't see what it was. It didn't feel like a bee sting. There was no uncomfortable feeling, other than that one quick sharp nip. I let out an "Ouch! something just bit me", and didn't think anything of it.

There was no reason to be concerned during the entire drive: probably about an hour loop drive.

We'd been back from the drive about 7 hours, when I noticed my left ankle and foot was swollen; it wasn't painful - the skin in just a little tight with the swelling. Holland had been snoring softly for about an hour, and I did not want to wake him up; he doesn't get enough sleep as it is … and I really do not want to be sitting in a glaring bright hospital waiting room waiting indefinitely to be seen.

My left foot, ankle, and calf are swollen.
Can't even see the ankle bone & sandals are biting into top of foot.

So, I've swallowed a Benadryl capsule, monitored my heart rate (which was slightly elevated, but not alarming), elevated my left foot while listening to music & reading a bit more of the novel I started a couple days ago. There is a little numb tingling in the back of my throat - but no throat or tongue swelling. I was a little bit nauseous, and I was pretty sure this was an anaphylaxis onset, BUT my body didn't appear to be in immediate danger yet.

I asked my FB Friends for prayer.

Around 3 AM, I was still "hanging in there" … so, I went to bed - sending an S.O.S. heavenward & elevated my foot with a spare pillow. At this point, I figured I'd see dawn laying beside my husband, or in Heaven.

Anaphylaxis and Allergies:
https://www.webmd.com/allergies/anaphylaxis https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anaphylaxis/symptoms-causes/syc-20351468

By the grace of Elohim, I woke up this morning, beside Holland; but I didn't feel well … and my ankle was still swollen - as well as my leg up to my hip; and I had an itchy rash on the top of my feet as well as front and back of my calves: I woke Holland up and said, "I think we need to go to the hospital in Salmon Creek."

Holland was instantly awake and focused.

I couldn't pull my jeans on, so I went in my p.j.'s.

The Benadryl had stabilized the anaphylaxis symptoms … and I was still present on Earth, so my next thought was 'this swelling is an allergic reaction to something I ate' between the time we got back from the previous evening's drive - and when Holland went to bed around 10 PM.

I started counting off the things I had eaten: a cup of instant Hills Bros. English Toffee Cappuccino; a Hormel Spaghetti & Sauce Microwave Supper; a couple handful Mixed Nuts; a few Jelly Beans; half a bottle of Coca Cola. Nothing out of he ordinary. It was mystifying.

The foot and leg numbness I know is related to a pinched nerve in the piriformis muscle - but it's not backing off. Usually I need a couple tabs of prednisone muscle relaxer & a cortisone shot. Last time I had seen a doctor about this situation (a couple of years ago; I really avoid medical facilities & doctors), he said, "You have to learn to live with it, it doesn't get better. Eventually you will have to consider a shot directly into your back … and possibly surgery." None of those options are good ones.

Holland drove me to Salmon Creek this afternoon; hopefully this thing will get sorted out.

So, we drove up the freeway to Salmon Creek, pretty much in silence.

Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center-WA from Woodland-WA; 15 min (14.5 mi) via I-5 S
Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center; #2211 NE 139th St., Vancouver-WA

The ER waiting room was packed: I signed in, and encouraged Holland to wait for me in Betsy - which would be the most comfortable place for him: we both knew the waiting, and the exam would stretch into hours by the look of the waiting people packed into the waiting room like sardines.

I was seen relatively quickly - a welcome surprise.

A battery of tests was set in motion … including one I never considered.
Texts back and forth while I waited; Holland had engaged a Prayer Team.

However, the exams were moving along at a snail's pace. And I didn't like that my swollen ankle, & leg rash, was taking 2nd place to my age: e.v.e.r.s.i.n.g.l.e.t.e.s.t. was geared towards a geriatric screening - 3 nurses, a doctor, 4 medical info collectors, 2 technicians, & 1 ER staff person moved in and out of the room; and when the doctor did pop in for a brief second, he totally ignored why I had come to be examined.

Not okay with me.

Doc came in to check my foot and legs … and claimed he 'didn't see any rash'; he must be blind: bright red pin-dot rash covered both shin-calves. Very obvious to the naked eye.
Apparently NO ONE CAN SEE swelling in my ankle - all they can see is B.S. age-related-$$$$$ floating before their greedy eyes.

After the first hour, I was starting to get seriously frustrated with having my concerns blown off. I was tired of being treated like I had no say whatsoever in what transpired with my body.

I was asked to follow a finger with my eyes: it was a stupid child's game and had absolutely no relevance at all to my swollen ankle or rashed legs.

I was constantly asked what my name was - what day or year it was - what my BD was - ect.; again no relevance at all to the reason I was there.

I was asked if I was diabetic: I am not. Admittedly, I am fluffy, but I am not diabetic.

I had heart-monitoring stickies stuck to my chest … and then, asked if I wanted to consider a breast reduction, because, "you will certainly qualify." WTH Why would that person even feel it was her duty to bring that up? Why do doctors want to lop a natural woman's breasts off to "lighten the load" - and then plant gigantic unrealistic breast implants in a man's chest so he 'feels like a woman'?

By the time I was wheeled back to my room following the unwanted saline injection that shot through me like liquid fire, for the {necessary} CT (how is that related to a swollen ankle?) … and pretty forcefully (not physical, but a very firm and frustrated 'No') shooed the MRI attendant out of my room ("No: I do not want to be medicated and shuttled through the tube - I don't do drugs for any reason, and I do not like to be hemmed in by anything. No") … I just wanted to be out of that money-grabbing, tone-deaf hellhole.

More texting while the waiting stretched on and on and on …
Nonsense tests and a hyped-up scare tactic - no interest at all from the medical team concerning WHAT I came in here for! I'm ready to leave and cast the dice in a power play of my own.

3 nurses, 1 doctor, 4 medical info collectors, 2 technicians, & 1 ER staff person came into the room … and no one was focused on why I had come in; they seemed more focused on racking up medical fees for nonsensical and unrelated "exams" :-(

Finally I made a choice that ended the nonsense: and the rapidly escalating medical bill … I pulled the hospital smock off and pulled my tee on. I walked out to the nurses station and asked, "Who do I talk to to get this thing out of my hand?" No one answered - I repeated the question. The head nurse said, "Dr. Johnson will right here to check on you …" I cut her off, and said, "Too little, too late. WHO do I talk to to get this thing out of my hand?" She said, "I don't feel comfortable doing that."

I pulled my phone out of my purse, punched Holland's phone # in, and when he answered, I asked: "I have this port in my hand; do you happen to know how to remove it?" He said he did - so I shut my phone down and started walking towards the lobby.

Immediately the head nurse who had been sitting on her ass, filing her nail, sprung up and shouted, "You can't leave!" I kept walking, and said, "Watch me." An orderly said, "I can take that out for you." So, I let him … and watched the head nurse do a slow burn as I pivoted, and I walked out.

I'm furious. I will be billed thousands of dollars for non-stop nonsense; NOT HAPPY.
This is WHY I  have nothing good to say about the medical field. Total waste.

As soon as I hopped into Betsy, I said, "Now, do you understand why I avoid the medical zoo atmosphere? I don't care how sick I am or how much pain I am in - I never want to be in another hospital as long as I live: I only came today because you make such a big deal out of it … for me, I prefer to wait things out and rely on Elohim to come through for me. I want you to honor me on this issue."

I don't care if people think I'm a religious fanatic … as far as I am concerned, prayer works best because medical people will keep you a caged animal to be treated like a hostage guinea pig; trying their best to scare you into submission.

I don't like being caged.

I don't like being treated like a guinea pig.

I resent the employment of scare tactics.

I choose to rest on what I know best: the strength of prayer, and the power of Calvary.

And bless his heart, Holland is finally in agreement with me on this topic :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment