God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, July 23, 2023

SOUTHWESTERN MEATLOAF 'BURGERS~My Own Recipe

We've been married 6 months.

I've only cooked 2 meals in all that time; Holland likes to cook, so he does all the meals.

But yesterday he hurt some ribs on his left side (I don't know how - I didn't see what happened); they were pretty sore this morning, so he laid down for an hour this afternoon … and I got in some "wifey" time :-)

The smoky haze has cleared significantly, and he mentioned before he laid down, that maybe we'll go visit Yellowstone before going down South - and if I'd like to "make that meatloaf you mentioned, we could eat it in sandwiches along the way."

Well, I didn't make a meatloaf per se, but I did improvise by making 'meatloaf burgers': it's just too hot to cook indoors, and I knew Holland would prefer using the outside grill ;-)

While he slept and relaxed those sore ribs, I put out a Prayer Request …

… and whipped up this recipe:

Southwestern Meatloaf Burger's ~My Own Recipe

I have had a hankering for meatloaf sandwiches; so, Holland bought hamburger, eggs, and bread … and I made up these meatloaf 'burgers to slap between 2 pieces of bread, and munch on as we travel along :-)

2-1/2 lbs. Hamburger * 2 Eggs * 1 cup seasoned Croutons * 3 Tbsp. chunky Salsa * 3 Tbsp. Avocado Dip * 1 Red Onion, diced * 1 tsp. Chili Powder * 1 tsp. Garlic Salt * Black Pepper to taste * Bread slices (2 pieces to each patty) * Loose Lettuce leaves * Tomato slices * Pickle slices * Ketchup * Mustard * Mayonnaise

Dump all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.

Shape into patties (the size to fit your slices of bread; shape a bit larger to allow for shrinkage): 9 ct. bread-size patties (18 ct. hamburger bun patties). Place in 'fridge until ready to use.

Meatloaf Burger Patties; ready for 'fridge & grilling.
Bread used for {buns} - I made my meat patties to fit these bread slices.

Grill (or fry in a large skillet), to desired doneness. Enjoy!

Cooked 'burgers.
Perfect bread slice size.
Delish, too ;-)

While Holland was cooking the burgers, I engaged in another {wifey} moment, and walked over to the Park Office to book us until Wednesday - that will give the "ouch!" in Holland's ribs a chance to calm down.

While there waiting to be attended, I grabbed an insulating can holder to keep his Red Bull drinks cool … and I grabbed a Lightening Ball that sparks flashing lights when tapped because the open firepit is practically at the feet of our RV's front door steps, and that could get dicey if Bleu decides he needs to do his business in the dead of night - I'd rather he didn't run me across that open hole to twist an ankle. I can grab that ball on our way outside/toss it into the open firepit/avoid a fall by avoiding the flashing ball area.

Items bought at the Resort Store when I paid space rent 'til Wednesday morning.

Today I reveled in {wifey} activities.

I am thankful Elohim has given me this second chance to make a home - and be a "Home" for my new husband.

I enjoy how these two words, "my husband", rolls off my tongue.

I enjoy hearing someone refer to me as "Mrs. Redmill."

I enjoy looking across the room at my husband, and feeling privileged to be so loved by Elohim that He blessed me with Holland.

Wifey Days make this wife happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment