God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, July 23, 2023

THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE~IDAHO & NUGGET RV RESORT~MONTANA

July 22nd: We were up bright and early this morning, anxious to be on our way - and putting the smoky wildfire haze behind us.

Wal*Mart parking lot. 3 AM - most of these RV's showed up while we were catching some zzz's; Post Falls-ID
Post Falls, Idaho from Rainier, Oregon - 6 hr. 23 mins.
Holland got coffee across the street, around 6 AM; mine was iced Hazelnut.

When we passed over Silver Mountain at 7:33 AM, I spotted a road sign that said, "Wallace" … and squealed with excitement, like a little girl: Wallace has been on my Bucket List for 2 years while I worked up my nerve to get there ;-)

When I explained to Holland that Wallace has laid claim to (and been legally documented) as being "the center of the Universe", he gamely turned in that direction.

What a guy!

I loved the feel of Wallace's quirkiness; I like the old-time-Historical mining town architecture - I like that Wallace is hidden in the mountains :-)

Holland had made good plans, and I was excited to see places he'd lived in.
We had thought to get to Bonner's Ferry - but wildfire smoke haze had us turning back.
Holland decided to reroute to Flagstaff-AZ; heat is better than wildfire smoke.
Wallace, Idaho was on a road sign, and I got excited - so Holland turned in that direction. YAY!
It was literally 'right up the street' :-)
I got my 'rural America' moment :-) AND I got to scratch Wallace of my Bucket List ;-)
Wallace-ID from Post Falls-ID; 1 hr.3 mins, via I-90 E
I ENJOYED THIS! This is what I hope to see more of, most of our trip across America.

Wallace-ID: https://visitidaho.org/things-to-do/roadside-attractions/center-of-the-universe-wallace/ & https://visitnorthidaho.com/community/wallace-idaho/

We parked the truck and RV here, at this curbside.
A Junk Shop with interesting junk 
Geiger counter's. We would have bought one, but the shop didn't open until around lunchtime. We just couldn't swing the late hours.
I went looking for the 'Center of The Universe' marker.
Found it!
Holland & Bleu patiently waiting for me …
Leaving downtown Wallace-ID; main street is a looping 1-Way road.
Throw-back humor. This is the kind of stuff that I hope to see more of; off the freeways.
Wallace RV Park - too 'outdated' for Holland, but perfectly 'rural America', for me ;-) It was too small, and too tight for us - most RV's here are 35 feet, and even that is too long for the parking slots.
Wallace is worth the side trip - no place for big rigs to park, but worth a visit.
Another 'Wallace Curiosity'.
This whole town is cool.
A retro RV.
Holland and I both laughed when we saw this saddled elk - and I sent a pic of it to Chrystal; family humor.

After leaving Wallace, we looked for an RV Space to rent for a few days: NO LUCK for HOURS. It was a hot day (90-degrees). We hadn't sleep much the night before. Holland's shoulder was paining him, plans had to constantly be rerouted, and neither of us were in agreement with each other's suggestions for a rest break. We were sticky, and wearing yesterday's clothes. We were both getting cranky.

I finally said"Holland, let's stop being snippy with each other, and just pray about it - Elohim will lead us to the perfect RV space for us."

So, we prayed; and kept seeking a place to park for the night. At the last place we checked in at, the lady said she didn't have space for us … but an RV Resort down the road did: boy, was that music to our ears. We called, were conformed a spot, and immediately drove straight there.

Holland signed us up here, until Monday :-)

Tonight, we will all get a relaxing good night's rest, and hopefully Holland's shoulder will relax and settle down, too.

Finding an RV spot for the night was nearly impossible, and Holland was getting cranky with his sore shoulder. And neither of us got much sleep the previous night. I was praying we would not have to weather an emotional thunderstorm.
FINALLY! A place to park our RV for a few days - ((((THANK YOU, LORD))))!
St. Regis-ID from Wallace-ID; via I-90 E
Entrance is set up like a pioneering town.
It's a KOA RV Park that partners with the Good Sam Memberships. It's hokey … but, I like it. Holland got his "nice Park", and I got my 'Old West' feels :-)
YES! We booked a space until Monday afternoon. Elohim is faithful.
We were stationed kitty-corner from the Office-Store, near the Park entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment