God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, October 13, 2023

SHABBAT~Sonoran Desert; AZ

The day started out gorgeously; Bleu woke me at 4:30 A.M. whining to get outside to relieve his bladder - the sky was beautiful: so black, highlighted by brilliant pinpoints of shining stars: I felt like Heaven was kissing the Earth.

I felt so small in the vastness of Elohim's greatness.

I tried to capture it on video … but all that happened was my laptop got confused with all the blackness. I could not upload the beautiful sky shot :-(

Bleu came back inside; and I went back to bed for a bit.

Thankful for the beautiful start ushering in today's Shabbat :-)

After an hour or so, my eyes opened to see a pretty sunrise shining it's rays into our bedroom window.

Sunrise; bedroom window.

I hurried up, fed Bleu, and took him for an early morning walk.

In my pj's (shorts, a tee, flip-flops); we didn't go far, just a short loop walk for me and a brisk run for him ;-)

Morning walkabout; backtracking homeward; our 5th Wheel is in the middle …

Then back inside to have a cup of coffee while Holland visited with two neighboring men. Talking guy stuff - I'm glad he has these men to talk with.

Bleu and I went for another walk later on, in the afternoon - a bit further afield this time:

SONORAN WALKABOUT Post: (https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2023/10/sonoran-walkaboutaz-sabbath-rest.html)

I just took the day slow and easy.

I enjoyed my Sabbath Rest to the max, today; I lazed around, read a few chapters of my Clive Cussler novel, and snacked my way through the day :-)

My husband does not share my Messianic Faith - so, he was left to fend for himself, all day; thankfully he was a bachelor long enough that he is comfortable doing for himself on my Sabbath observances. I am not an orthodox observer … but I do set all weekend aside to focus on Elohim.

Around 6:30 P.M. the skyline began to put on a colorful show: it was spectacular!

And now, I am going to enjoy a glass of wine, and unwind some more. Today is a day to put the world and it's cares aside, and contemplate Elohim's greatness :-)

Sundown is beginning.
Sun slipping over the horizon … the colors change quickly; beautiful.
The sky looks ablaze with flamingo pinks, brilliant oranges, and bright yellows.
There are no words to describe the beauty of an Arizona sunset.
Bad Company - 'Burning Sky' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3CfvXnawOo)
The sun's kiss-off until morning sunrise.
And then - total blackness over the landscape after this evening's goodnight gilding; when the desert goes dark - it goes totally dark: the blackest black.

2 comments:

  1. Those photos are stunning Val.
    I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you sharing your travels with Sweet Tea & Friends. I hope you will continue to share your travels, trials and happiness. I'm disabled and haven't traveled in years. And I so love virtually visiting at your place. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula - I will continue sharing :-)

      I remember that you said you wanted me to share with you … so, every time I snap a picture, I think with a smile: "Paula will like that one" ;-)

      ~OX

      Delete