God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, May 13, 2024

(((BUSTED!)))~CLIPPED WINGS; Long Beach Peninsula-WA


We drove down to the beach as usual, this morning.

And were surprised with the turn of events …

We 2 silver-haired teenagers are on the beach every day, enjoying life in the slow lane.
Driving down Cranberry Road Approach, 'free as a bird' …

Lynyrd Skynyrd/7/2/1977/Oakland Coliseum Stadium - 'Freebird':  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY)

Then, out of the blue, our wings were clipped ;-(
BUSTED!
He closed in on us like an eagle on an unsuspecting salmon.

A 25-year old youngster, anxious to fill his ticket book, flipped it open - looked Holland in the eye, and asked: "Do you know what I clocked you at? 43 mph."

Holland said, "I didn't know there was a speed limit on the beach - I've driven this beach for decades, and never saw a speed limit sign posted. I thought I was going pretty slow, considering how I used to drive on this beach."

The youngster actually laughed, and said, "There are signs all up and down this beach, stating a 25 mph limit."

At that point, I spoke up, saying, "We're down here every day; and we've never seen a posting on the beach …" And Holland said, "I saw signs along the long stretch to the beach, but if there are signs on the beach, we never saw them."

And the fresh-faced youngster said, "Those posted signs include the beaches."

I wisely held my tongue as he collected that required papers he would use against us. But I did pray that Elohim would cut us a little slack if the ticket pusher brought a ticket back to us.

NO such luck :-(

I did start laughing though, as Holland folded the ticket paper. When Holland gave me his raised eyebrow look, I laughingly said, "You gotta laugh at times like this Holland; it helps to defuse what could become a powder keg moment." He said, "I can think of other ways to spend $217.00".

And I shot him my raised eyebrow - followed by another burst of laughter because of his expression was shadowed with exasperation over the situation … and my thoughts were full of his friend Tim's month's-old-warning: "Remember you're not a teenager, anymore."

Not only wing-clipped - but grounded, too.
My prayers went unanswered; apparently even Elohim thinks we need to pay for our badassery.

We two may be {living the life} and feeling teen-year resurgences, but adulting is slowly creeping in.

Live and learn ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment