God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

DISCIPLINED ORGANIZATION

Friday we will be pulling stakes here … and setting up in Castle Rock-WA, until Holland's final dental appointment is tied up.

So, this morning, we started getting the RV ready to be moved.

Holland fiddled around with truck - and I organized {the basement} ;-)

This would have been done sooner; but it's been raining nonstop for the past week, here.

Today was an 80-degree day, but we couldn't take the day off: Friday is coming up on us fast.

Big undertaking in sweltering heat … my side of the 'basement'; household necessities.
Holland's side of the RV 'basement' … home and truck maintenance.
80-degrees at noon; but this is the first day in a week's time, that we have not had rain.
Gotta make sure there is room for 'necessities'. LOL
I want to be able to reach and grab … not endlessly search in frustration.
Placing items in spaces that define their uses.
Holland threw a monkey wrench - literally! - into all my organization tactics, when he got in there and started rooting around :-(
Holland was a bachelor for a loooong time: organization connected to the Home, never played a part in his life. It WILL from now on 
We used team work to get the ladder strapped in place.
Sewer hose storage strapped on the back bumper - where it should be anyway; IN the back bumper (which is hollow for that specific purpose) in most RV's. The ends of the zip-ties were nipped off.
Holland's side of the basement; looking neat & tidy - with room for the water hose & heavy-duty power cord.
And it's going to stay that way ;-)
Disciplined organization is a key factor in full-time-RV Life. 
BBQ Smoker will go in the 4x bed, for the time being.
A place for everything - and everything in it's place … there will be more organization back here as things get shifted around later on.
The cardboard will go to the recycling bin in town.

Everything was accomplished around 3:30 PM.

And Pam called to ask if we wanted to join her and her family for Supper - "YES! And Thank You."

Pam is a good cook, and her chicken suppers are something to look forward to.

Holland had never spent 1-on-1-time with my friends before, but he "fit right in", and the get-together was a success :-)

I liked hearing that I looked happy in my new life, with my new husband … and Holland liked hearing confirmation that he makes me happy.

When it was time to leave (the puppies had been kenneled for awhile, and needed to relieve themselves), I had not realized that I'd left my phone behind, on the patio table.

At a turnout on Coal Creek road, Holland was walking Bleu, and I was walking Sonny … when Sean pulled up behind us and Pam handed me my cell phone.

I was so tuckered out I had left my phone behind; Sean drove Pam  up the road to find me - and Frank followed thru to make sure.

They are good friends; and have stayed with me these past 5-1/2 years since Bob's spirit left Earth.

I'm glad Holland "fit's in" ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment