God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

BOTH DOGS OFF-LEASH~Jones Beach-OR

Yep 👍 My hubby is learning this Married Lesson, too 😂🤣

I showed him this pic on my cousin's Page, and he started laughing. He said, "yeah - that's what happened here, too." 😘

********************

Holland wanted a guard dog - I didn't want a dog at all; been there, done that. I didn't want to be tied down with another dog. I wanted to be free to get up and go whenever I felt like it.

Holland insisted - we compromised.

Holland wanted a full-grown rescue dog - I nixed that idea; I didn't want to deal with someone else's headache, or canine abandonment issues.

Holland kept insisting we {need} a guard dog - we compromised: he finally agreed we could get a puppy ;-)

One puppy became two puppies :-)

Teaching Bleu & Sonny to come to each of our calls - Holland verbal; me, a whistle.
Jones Beach-OR
Furry explorers … Fishing Season 2023 just opened up.

Sometimes they grate in Holland's nerves (the high pitched puppy barking & night-time whining) … and I remind him how much he insisted we "need a guard dog." When I remind him, he looks at the frisky, barking, bundles of lovable fur - and I say, "These fur-babies will grow up to be exactly what you wanted; they will learn to be quieter. They will guard us faithfully because they will know they were raised with love. Puppies grow up to be full-size dogs - you will have your 'guard dog' before this year's end."

By this time next year, Holland will appreciate the compromise ;-)

The boys are learning to get along with each other.
Compromise is a GOOD THING :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment