God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, September 27, 2024

FOGGY WANDERINGS; Long Beach Peninsula-WA


September 23rd: I was up before Holland, so I enjoyed 2 cups of Hazelnut Coffee to clear away the morning brain fog; and worked a few more inches on the little preemie gown I am designing:

 
MOD Knit Preemie Sleep Sack; 2 to 4 lbs.

When Holland woke up he said he needed to drive into Long Beach; and would I like to join him, and meander down Cranberry Road on the way back … yes, I would.

But, first I made some pancakes and bacon for breakfast - I used one of the 4Patriots Buttermilk Pancakes Mix: I spread my two with peanut butter and rolled them; Holland spread his with honey. They were good, either way ;-)


Driving into Long Beach this morning was kinda nippy - with a fog blanket hanging overhead, and pungent wood smoke in the air. We took our time moving forward in the dense fog.

The Long Beach Peninsula was shrouded in fog this morning.

After Holland got what he needed, we moseyed down to the beach via Cranberry Road, and the atmosphere there, reminded me of the 1980 John Carpenter movie, 'The Fog':

This patch of foggy beach, with the fella slowly walking up from the water, reminded me of the 1970's movie, 'The Fog' ;-)

I couldn't find the original movie - this is the only one highlighted on YouTube; it's quite a bit different
The Fog (2005) Movie
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UYk9HPz28)

While we sat and talked; and watched busy little sanderlings speed past us at the speed of feathered bullets, Holland mused that maybe foggy Tillamook-OR (or even Brookings-OR) may play into the picture, while we wander towards sunny Yuma-AZ.

I'm okay with whatever he decides.

I trust his decision on travel matters - I know he will calculate all the possible risks, travel distance, road and set-up expenses … and arrive at the best possible scenario for our best interest in the moment. He has literally spent the majority of his life on the road: I trust his judgments.

The white-topped waves blend into the low-lying fog bank.
Discussing the possibility of hunkering in Tillamook-WA a couple weeks.
Little Sanderlings were racing up and down the beach ...
Sanderlings
(https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Sanderling/id)

I made a chicken meal for Supper, later in the day. I like simple, fuss-free dishes that don't chain me to the kitchen … but allows me to the freedom to provide healthy, yummy meals while I multi-task: and I'm happy to notice that Holland likes that, too :-D

The Supper fare was good - and will also be a repeat Supper.

Frying chicken smelled good ;-)
Getting more veggies into Holland. LOL
He liked it; it's a repeat meal.
Chicken and Vegetables with Milk Gravy Recipe:  (https://www.framedcooks.com/chicken-and-vegetables-with-milk-gravy/)

No comments:

Post a Comment