God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, September 27, 2024

WINDS OF CHANGE~Indian Summer 2024; Ocean Park-WA

September 22nd: Summer is coming to an end on the Long Beach Peninsula; but this afternoon unfolded on warm winds of change as an Indian Summer lingered.

We drove to the closest beachfront - which is a mere 3 minute drive from our front door.

We watched the waves, enjoyed the winged wild life antics, and joked with each other about music preferences:

Ocean Park Beach Access from Ocean Bay Mobile & RV Park; 3 min (0.9 mi) via 261st Pl & Bay Ave.
Bird Lady; she was surrounded by gulls that flocked to her and her car.
Ravens feeding on Dungeness Crab remains.
A 'shooter wave' & sound of the ocean.
Tide rolling in, sideways.
The tide rushed in; and we backed Betsy up about 10 feet …
The tide just kept rocking our way ;-)
Holland downloads 1970's Playlists for me, to give my senses a break from his ear-piercing big hair bands … but I've never heard of this band.
UFO - 1979 Doctor Doctor
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pNOKQT29ag)

I do like the Scorpions … and a few Metallica tunes (which I never listened to before Holland), and that surprised Holland, as well as myself: normally, I would not have given them a listen, but things are different now - I want to be fair with my husband, who is doing his best to equal the balance. He said, "I thought you wouldn't like them because they are a big hair band." I laughed, and said, "Well, I do like what I am hearing … and I do not consider the Scorpions a 'big hair' band. Their music is kinda low key: no lycra pants cutting into their private areas causing them to screech in angry falsetto voices. When I think of big hair bands, Cinderella, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Guns and Roses, Poison, Ratt, and Kiss, come to mind: the kids listened to those groups, and I can't stand them - then, or now, I don't want their attitude or atmosphere bouncing around in my head. The Scorpions look like men - they sound like men. Metallica can be a little {much} with all the head-banging backbeat and aggressive growling, but there are a couple songs you've been playing, that I don't mind listening to."

Of course, all the groups mentioned in the previous paragraphs are bands Holland likes, and still listens too - mostly when he's in Betsy alone.

When the tide started rolling in rapidly, we turned Betsy towards home.

The incoming tide had surged behind us …
Surrounded on all sides, we decided to leave the beach.

And I started a new preemie sleep sack, after Supper:

MOD Preemie Sleep Sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment