God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, January 13, 2024

AISLE TUSSLE; Shabbat Eve/Quartzsite-AZ

January 12th: First off, Holland drove over to the Office here, to extend our stay a bit longer: we were wanting to stay here, at The Pit Stop, till the end of the month … but were only able to obtain our spot 'til next Saturday 🙁

Then, we drove into Parker to get some groceries:

Parker-Az from Quartzsite-AZ; 36 min (35.7 mi) via AZ-95 N

Parker-AZ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker,_Arizona

And some middle-aged-idiot couple started a fight with moi in the produce aisle … mouthy man, aggressive hip-bumping wife (action like the 1970's hustle dance) trying to bodily move me aside; it was stupidly childish the way they were behaving: the mouthy man, who apparently thinks every woman should back up and obey him, and his equally ignorant-arrogant wife … got treated to my particular brand of French while I stood my ground, and continued to gather my bell peppers … and slowly came to the realization that they had picked the wrong little woman to tangle with.

I was not intimidated by their asinine behavior.

The incident was ridiculous and they were acting like morons.

At one point during the tussle and argument, Holland and I both heard the change in the belligerent moron's tone, and I prepared for a physical attack - and then I heard Holland calmly, but firmly say, "That's enough now." Holland had taken note of the change in tone, too, and wasn't going to let his wife get punched out: over bell peppers, for goodness sake! The moron took his slanty eyes off me to look around to see who was talking - took one look at my handsome big guy … and he backed up, and shut up, asap.

Poor Bleu was so upset by the angry incident, he was a bad little dog in the store that treats him like a furry rock star. But people saw what had happened to his human mom, and they were lenient with him 😉

In the pickup, I said to Holland, "I didn't need you to step in … I would have cleaned that moron's clock if he had laid a single finger on me: but I was glad to hear your voice in the background. Thank you. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, but some guys need to be taken down a peg - or two; the whole thing they started, was ridiculous: I have never seen that, or experienced that, in a store before. And, all over peppers, for Pete's sake!" Holland assured me that I hadn't embarrassed him.

In fact, he started laughing and said, "Boy, you really don't take any shit off anybody, do you?" And I said, "No; and especially not by mean-tempered men who think women should jump when they bark. But I am sorry I embarrassed you." He repeated, "You didn't embarrass me, Baby - get that right out of your head. I knew you could handle him, so I stayed back and let you do your thing - he was wrong, and you were doing okay all by yourself in dealing with him. But I wanted you to know you weren't alone if he got physical with you … and I wanted to make sure he understood that he had over-stepped."

I have a good man in my life :-)

I asked Elohim's forgiveness. I don't like to lose my temper.

And on the drive home, we talked about places to visit, while we are here. Parker isn't that far away … I could even visit some of the places myself, if Holland wants to stay home with Bleu ;-)

-Buckskin Mountain State Park: (https://azstateparks.com/buckskin/explore/facility-information#:~:text=All%20pets%20must%20be%20leashed,10%20p.m.%20to%207%20a.m.)

-Colorado River Indian Tribes Museum: (https://www.crit-nsn.gov/critmuseum/)

-Parker Dam: (https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/parker-dam)

-Swansea Ghost Town: (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31301-d7645184-Reviews-Swansea_Ghost_Town-Parker_Arizona.html, https://www.blm.gov/visit/swansea-historic-ghost-town-0, & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swansea,_Arizona)

-La Paz County Park: (http://www.lapazcountyparks.com/la-paz-county-park.html)

Then, about a half hour after being home, while I was putting groceries away - Holland got a text saying a monthly payment had been declined - after some consideration, we both said at the same time, "Because the Card assigned to the payment is in dispute" (we are disputing overcharges by 2 Resorts - 1 Resort never even had our Card Account Info, so how they even got into the account to tap funds - funds we never authorized - is questionable, to say the least). With that understanding, Holland contacted the business and sorted a new payment plan out, online. We'll get new Cards when we get back to WA.

Following on the heels of that … Holland got a text saying "the people who were scheduled to occupy your current Park space have canceled; and would you like to rent it, as you requested this morning?"

OF COURSE!

We have stayed here before, and like it - it's a smaller Park, but there is a space for us here; and we like the host & attendants' attitudes. It is very busy here: but it's peaceful here, too :-)

The Pit Stop RV Park: (425 N Central Blvd, Quartzsite, AZ 85346)

Elohim is good - and He has turned our Day around, allowing a peaceful Shabbat Rest to settle over our humble Home 🙂

Holland made Supper for us; fried spam on raisin bread w-mayo, lettuce & Colby-jack cheese. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment