God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, February 19, 2024

MOD CROCHET PURSE ORGANIZER~February 18th, 2024

We are currently parked on a friend's property in Long Beach - it is raining at the moment, but we are glad to be here close enough to the ocean to hear the waves roll in on quiet evenings :-)

Holland loves the beach; we are thankful to our gracious host who open-handedly gives more in friendship than we can ever repay. He is a good man, and we will see him tomorrow sometime. Bleu can hardly wait to see Mac ;-)

In the meantime, between watching the rain fall, listening to the raindrops tap-dancing across Independence's roof, enjoying quiet time together, and periodically napping to wind down from the long drive here from Visalia-CA … I got busy designing and crafting a purse organizer. About a week ago, I had an asthma attack (not as serious as previous ones, but still concerning) and Holland could not find the emergency inhaler while rummaging through my purse (he has my okay to do this when I am in full-blown lung stress): he finally retrieved the one from the bedroom dresser top and breathing was easy again.

But seeing how worried my husband was trying to find the inhaler, I decided that my purse needed to be tidied - and the interior lightened … hence the recent crochet project imagined, started - and finished, in Long Beach-WA.

I had a spool of skinny nylon cord, so I used that to make a sturdy organizer.

********************

MOD Purse Organizer is simply easy. :-)

MOD PURSE ORGANIZER

Materials: Twisted Mason Twine (thin nylon cord); #E/4 crochet hook; Fray Stay sewing glue

Terms Used: Ch = chain; sc = single crochet; sts = stitches; EO = end off


Row 1: Ch 80; turn.

The cord is fairly easy to crochet with.

Row 2: Sc in each sc across row; turn.

Rows 3 thru 10: Repeat row 2; EO on row 10.

Front Panel - Row 11: Count 20 sts downward from each thin edge & mark each side: attach cord at right side and working in back loops only this row, sc 41 sts across row - while incorporating the side st at end of of row (this will remove the need to whipstitch pieces together).

Placing 'marking' ties 20 sts down from EA side of thin side panel strip.
Starting the Front Panel …
Incorporate side st EA side, as you work piece; FRONT of work.

Rows 12 thru 20: Continue to sc each row, being sure to incorporate end side sts at turn of each row. Row 20 should measure 4-1/2" from start of piece. EO

BACK of piece being worked.
FRONT of work.
Front piece finished.

Front Pocket Piece: Attach cord at bottom of front panel, and working in front loops only this row, crochet 16 sc rows - being sure to incorporate side sts at end of each row. Row 16 should measure 3-1/4" from start of piece. Mark pocket sections and sew in a straight line to front piece.

Beginning of front pocket section …
As before, incorporate sides sts EA side, to eliminate a whipstitching attachment.
Mark pocket placements …
Sew pocket placements to Front Panel.
This is how I did my pockets - 2 small pockets & 1 medium pocket.

Back Panel: Work as Front panel - start with row 11.

Back piece added. MOD Purse Organizer is finished.

Slip inside your purse, and keep it tidy :-)

In my purse - and the emergency inhaler is clearly visible: no more worried husband ;-)

14 comments:

  1. You should make them and sell it.
    Thanks so much for participating and sharing at SSPS 298. See you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and I've been looking for a knitting or crochet project. I was given a book bag as a gift which holds my diary, journal and notebooks on my desktop. Your crochet bag is perfect for your handbag and keeping things in order. Thanks for sharing at #weekendtrafficjamreboot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the pattern - stop in again, and let me know how it worked out for you ;-)

      Thanks for stopping by; have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete
  3. oooh I've never crocheted with cord. It looks really effective and a lovely little organizer. #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a first time for me, too ;-)

      Have a funtastic weekend, Anne!

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea, I've seen stitched bag organisers but I love the idea of a crocheted one. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW - enjoy the pattern ;-)

      Thanks for stopping by, with a "Hi!" - have a funtastic week ahead!

      Delete
  5. That's so clever, you're really talented. I wish I had the ability to just make things like this. Thanks for linking with #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - making things like this is not hard: I taught myself to knit and crochet ;-)

      Thanks for stopping in - have a funtastic week!

      Delete
  6. First, I'm glad you're OK. Second, I'm glad you linked up with us at the Weekend Traffic Jam. And, last, this is such a cute idea, and I've got the perfect "yarn." I'm always looking for ways to use up those bits and pieces left over from other projects.

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      Enjoy the pattern - and have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete
  7. I love that organizer and I'm glad hubby and you can find your inhaler now. I am wondering which Bogart movie you were watching though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      The movie was a 1950 black-n-white titled, 'In A Lonely Place' starring Humphrey Bogart & Gloria Grahame ;-)

      Thanks for dropping by with a "Hi" - have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete