God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

ROCK DAY MESSAGES

We woke up to a bright sunrise this morning; all the windows and vent fans had been left open last night because there was a nice cooling breeze blowing through the desert around bedtime; so we shut down the generator and let the house cool down naturally.

Around 2 A.M., the breeze had become full-on rocking-the-house wind gusts; so Holland got up and rolled the front door canopy in so it didn't get damaged. The wind gusts rocked us back to sleep ;-)

It was still gusty when we got up at sunrise ... but it was also warm enough to turn the baby generator back on.

Morning sunrise seen from our front door; sun-kissed mountains straight ahead, lit from sunrise behind Independence.
Pink clouds came rolling in 
It's a bit gusty today.

We'll probably use the baby generator more - and save running the beast until it's an absolute necessity. Right now, it isn't; yesterday we just wanted to see how long it would stay on before shutting itself down (a major issue in WA State, & a major bone of contention), and if it would do everything it was advertised to do.

We were very happy with the outcome :-)

There was three-quarters tank of gas yesterday in the beast generator when we used it. This morning there was little less than a quarter left. Break-down is about $20/day to run the beast generator for 8 hours (4- to 4.5 gallons of gas). It has a 6-gal. tank, and has a 12-hr. run time at half throttle. We ran it at half throttle because Holland wanted to go easy on it because this is the first time we've actually used it all day long: he didn't want to punish it in this temperature right out of the chute: full throttle would cut yesterday's operational time in half.

The baby generator that runs on propane is quieter … and cheaper to use ($1.25/gal. cheaper than gasoline - and burns about half the amount of fuel than the beast does). We've used the baby generator more than the beast - we've only seriously used the beast yesterday; we ran the baby generator all day Sunday, last night for about 4 hours, and for about 4 hours this morning: probably about $12 - $13 dollars worth of fuel. But we can't utilize everything on the RV with the baby because it's 4 kilowatts (1 air conditioner, lights, oscillating tower fan, both laptops, 1 TV, and keep the 'fridge cool) … and the beast is 13 kilowatts (which will power everything in this house; and another RV to boot). Plus, the beast weight 350-lbs.: it was never meant to be moved from the back of the truck, and we don't have to worry about anyone stealing it.

The baby is totally portable, and I can carry and lift it, it with ease.

While Bleu was racing around through desert grit like his tail was on fire, I strolled the area around our RV looking at rocks and rock formations; I am a curious rock hound, and in the past would drag big rocks home to outline my flowerbeds at every one of the houses I owned with my first husband; smaller rocks would find themselves scattered across the soil of my flower pots. It's hard for me to restrain myself here … there are so many pretty rocks. But my itching fingers and racing thoughts have been reined in, and I have only gathered, and secreted away, a handful of shiny white quartz chips ;-)

This rock looks like it has a paw print on it.
Raw black tourmaline & raw pink quartz.
Green & purple hued rocks.
These people have been coming here for y.e.a.r.s.
Artistically painted rock; front & back sides.
Fading painted rocks …
A rock compass.

Making our final lap back to where Holland was drinking his coffee on the mat patio, Bleu investigated a coyote passing ...

A singing coyote passed by early this morning - and left it's calling card ;-)

I like the sound of coyotes yipping and yapping; but Holland has lived and worked on ranches (100 acre+ family ranches in Washington State-Oklahoma-Louisiana-Texas-California), and he doesn't like coyotes at all.

I drank another cup of coffee, and jotted down a few things on a stickie pad that Holland was wanting to pick up in town; and showed him the pictures I had just taken ;-)

We watched a helicopter.

A low-flying helicopter flew by as we swallowed the last of our morning coffees.

Holland showed me how to turn the baby generator on and off before he left. I had trouble with the pull-cord - but I will get better at it because I am going to get back to lifting weights and putting muscle into things, again; I've gotten lazy because Holland likes me to be girly; but there are times (like this morning) that I need brute strength ;-)

He worries about leaving me alone (because of my asthma; sweet man); but I've spent a lot of time alone during my lifetime. I encouraged him to "Go! Spend some time listening to your music. Spend some time in quiet contemplation. Enjoy some alone time. I know you'll be coming back - and Elohim is always watching over me."

The baby generator.
Then Holland drove into town to pick up a few things.

He wasn't gone as long as I thought he'd be … and he came back bearing gifts ;-)

When he got back and relaxed a few minutes, he wondered if he could link up the Internet Tower up to the battery-operated Jump Box - that would be helpful when we have to shut the generator off at 10 P.M. It works!

He thinks about making a comfortable home environment for me, all the time.

Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You lyrics: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pZi83mxXfk)

He thinks about what would make me happy, all the time: I hope and pray that I am as thoughtful and considerate with that, towards him. And that he knows it.

Celine Dion - If That's What It Takes lyrics: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRGzhnb0hek)

His presence and his love in my life, is as solid as a rock :-)

Holland plugged the Internet tower into the Jump Box when we shut the generator down.
Holland.

He gave Bleu a quick cooling shower … and then they both settled down for a brief snooze before Supper. This is the way things are done down South ;-)

And when I glance across the room and see his feet dangling from the end of the bed, I smile at the happy turn my life has taken from where it was, this time last year.

Happy turn of events in my life. Elohim is SO good to me.

Today has been a rock message day.

No comments:

Post a Comment