God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

FASHION OVER 50

Well …

I'm over 50.

Waaaaay over 50 ;-)

And I don't wear sophisticated "fashion": I wear what works for me. I wear what I am comfortable wearing.

I pair what I buy at regular clothing stores, thrift stores, warehouse outlet stores, and garage sales. I can't wear metal on my skin (it burns me), so I wear tasteful junk jewelry (beaded, wooden, leather, ect.). That's what I am comfortable wearing.

I am going to be 67 yo the end of December: and I am comfortable with that - some women aren't, but I am. I feel privileged to be as {old} as I am. Some never make it this far.

I am also a newlywed, nearing my 1st Year Anniversary mark :-)

This posting is a run-down of the outfits I have worn this year. Some of the pictures were taken before my new husband and I moved from the home I shared with my 1st husband. Since April, we have sold the house I spent my widowed years in - bought a new truck, a new home (a spacious 5th wheel), and have been touring the lower 48 States. Currently we are hunkered down in the state of Arizona, in the Sonoran Desert; that's why you will see two different backgrounds ;-)

I love Me.

I love my new life.

I love my age.

I like wearing colorful clothing, and adding fun extras (like spotted cheetah ankle boots; or bright red knee-high leather boots).

I like wearing sparkly eye makeup; and bold ,colorful lipsticks/nail polish, and mascaras.

I feel good about where I am this stage of my life.

I also spend a lot of time outdoors … I have freckles (which some would call 'sunspots') - but they aren't large or of a particular concern to me: they cover pretty much all of the exposed areas of my body. But they haven't prevented me from wearing skin bearing clothing ;-)

I wear sparkle in the daytime, too; sequins and glittery makeup is a fun way to enjoy the day. I don't go crazy with it, but I definitely enjoy the little extra dose of afternoon glam. I don't dress to be stared at … I dress for myself - if it feels 'right' for the day, and I like what I see in the mirror, then I wear it :-)

Just because we are aging, doesn't mean we have to fade into the background in boring, "sensible', nondescript clothing, hairstyles, or adhere to the "mascara only" frame of mind (as fashion experts will advise).

Dressing more fun, more colorful, more daring, makes me feel good. Like I said earlier - I am staring at 67 coming up. I'm old; I know that in my head. But I don't know how I'm supposed to behave/react at 67. I don't know how I'm supposed to {feel} at 67: all know is how I feel in the moment. I'm just ME every second of every day - I don't know any other way to be.

All I know is that this is how I dress now - in the moment today.

All I know is that my new husband is happy with me; and the way I am dressing, too.

Life is short. Break fashion rules. Be a wild card :-)

I'm sharing ... and enjoying the FASHION OVER 50 posts over at: https://www.finewhateverblog.com/2023/10/09/fashion-facts-over-50-2-truths-1-lie/

********************

Shopping Day …

Same top works for various outfits.
Before … and present timeframe.
Going hiking 
Not bad for an old broad; before & present timeframe.
Sparkly 'Cream' for browline; 'Lt. Gray' for eyelid; 'Charcoal' for liner & Glittery 'Illusion' accent.
Same top; different outfits - different make-up.
I'm short with a short torso, and a full figure; the back view is as important as the full frontal ;-)
Same top - different outfits; before and present timeframe.
Same top, different outfits; Burgundy mascara.
Same top - different outfits, jewelry & Cobalt Blue mascara.
A few months ago timeframe; sparkly eyeshadow & nail polish.
Present timeframe.
Fancy faux snakeskin ballerina slipper flats.
Same top and sandals - different outfits.
Same pants & sandals; different outfits.
Autumn colors; gold, brown, & orange; cute little wooden bracelet  a 2021 garage sale find.
Blue nail polish & Burgundy Mascara.

Green nail polish & Green Mascara.
Red lipstick & red nail polish; skirt for 'meet the family' Brunch & pants for Date Night ;-)
Burgundy nail polish, Burgundy Mascara; Gray Beaded Bracelet.




No comments:

Post a Comment