God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, January 29, 2024

HEART WORK~My Senior Exercise Plan 2024; #6/Quartzsite-AZ


A week ago I had a pretty painful angina episode - I've had heart pain most of my life, so I don't get concerned too much … but this one h.u.r.t., and had me wondering if maybe I was having an actual heart attack. I wasn't, but I did decide to get back to a more active lifestyle/healthier diet: I've let these things slide since remarrying and living on the road.

I'm 6 days into my morning exercise routine: at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity a week (22 mins./x 7 days) … and because my heart and lungs haven't been worked for  solid year, I'm taking things slow and only working my body for half an hour of aerobic and stepper exercise movements combined.

Sometime in February, I'll lengthen my workout time to an hour, adding weights and more toning exercises to the day's docket ;-)

DO IT to LOSE HIPS FAT & SIDE FAT In 7 DAYS: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5i2pMlUP4k)

During both sets of exercises, my blood oxygen was good & my heart rate stayed in a very safe beat ratio :-)

The Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend older adults engage in 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week: walking can contribute to this goal (walking around the house, the yard, and the grocery store all add up ;-)).

On average, many health experts agree that the recommended steps per day for seniors is 6,000-8,000 steps per day for adults aged 60+ years. 7,500 steps per day for women aged 62-101 years. People who live with a disability or chronic illness can still benefit from an active lifestyle, and depending on individual abilities may strive for 5,500 steps per day.

Holland's union contracting accident happened in 2000, so he's been struggling with chronic pain for 24 years; walking for any length of time is really hard on him, but he wants to try to do more … so, we'll see what happens. He did real good a few days ago when we visited Tyson's wash to view the petroglyphs ;-)


STRETCHING BLESSINGS~My Senior Exercise Plan 2024; #5/Quartzsite-AZ: https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/01/stretching-blessingsmy-senior-exercise.html

No comments:

Post a Comment