God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, January 29, 2024

THONG HALF-SOCKS PATTERN

Thong half- socks.

I've had this knit pattern for a while, and I made it when I was doing the Bazaar circuit … but now, I am making a few pairs for myself since I am wearing thongs pretty much every day in Arizona, and they will help ease the pain of those rubber thong posts ;-)

I found this pattern while doing an internet surf in 2012: the site where this pattern was originally posted is no longer up - but I had had the foresight to copy and print it then, and I'm glad I did because now I can share it with yu'all while I work up several more pair :-)

I found a video online that I'm sure will help beginners understand how knitting on double-point needles works …

Double Pointed Needles for Beginners: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LkNM2ojZA)

Materials:

Light weight Sports yarn in color of choice
Size #2 double-point knitting needles, 4 count
Scissors
scrap yarn of same weight

Terms Used:

CO = cast on
k = knit
p = purl
BO = bind off

Pattern: This pattern is worked in a continuous round on all four needles.

With needles, CO 60 sts - divide sts evenly among 3 needles, & with 4th needle, begin to work a rib pattern of *k 3, p 2* for three inches.

Using double-point needles.

Big toe division: Run a piece of scrap yarn through the last 20 sts to mark division; and continue rib pattern around the remaining 40 sts, for five rows. BO loosely by alternating knit and purl sts.

Big toe opening: Slide the sts kept on the scrap yarn back onto the needles and knit them for five rows, using the same BO technique above.


That's it!

Repeat process for other foot …

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us at Handmade Monday, I'm not much of a toe post sandal wearer myself because I just don't find them comfy, but these would really help I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete