God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, March 21, 2024

A SIMPLE LIFE~KINGSBURG-CA

March 20th: We arrived in Kingsburg-CA yesterday afternoon.

Holland checked us in; only for a week, instead of a month.
'CA, HERE WE COME!~Long Beach-WA to Kingsburg-CA' Post:
 (https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/03/ca-here-we-comelong-beach-wa-to.html)
The Spring warmth is wonderful ;-)
Set up & settling in for a few hours of relaxing downtime …

Looking over the paperwork handed to Holland when he paid for a week's stay, we decided not to extend our stay here. The paperwork handed him was too invasive - we just wanted to rent a space, not start putting down mortgage payments on the space. The 25 ct. pages of questions went further than a normal lease agreement on an apartment; it's ridiculous, so we will move on next Monday.

Resort Inquisition Papers …

We just want to live a simple Life.

But for now, it's a nice place to park.

We will be staying in the general area because the Layton Rodeo begins around the first part of April, and we want to check that out. Holland remembers the annual rodeo from his childhood days … and I've never been to a rodeo, and would like to experience that ;-)

The Plan for today was to visit with Brenda & Jeff; Brenda is Holland's cousin, and Jeff is her husband.

I like 'em - they are down-to-earth people, and they have welcomed me and treat me as Family :-)

A little eye color …
Riverland RV Resort is a rural Park with a very laid-back country atmosphere.
Riverland RV Resort - Kingsburg
(https://riverlandrvresort.com)
Horses everywhere ;-)
A stable must abut the Park.

Leaving the Park, and heading out to Layton, we tried GPS again - and were getting frustrated again; I knew Holland had been dinking around with the radio in Long Beach-WA, so I asked, "Did you mess with anything else besides the radio?" He said, "No" … then he glanced down and saw his phone cord still dangling from the left-hand port; and my phone cord plugged into the right-hand port, and said, "that's the trouble: I used my phone in Long Beach and forgot to unplug my cord. You couldn't get action through your phone because you were using the wrong port".

Old dawgs and new technology …
Sleep deprivation causes foggy thought processing ;-)

The sunshine warmth was wonderful.

The drive was enjoyable.

Our bones are loving the warmth.
The orchards are coming alive with popping Spring color :-)

The companionship around Brenda and Jeff's outside table area was love-infused and convo flowed easily. Laughter echoed.

Holland is comfortable here - he is loved here; and that makes my heart happy.

When we left, Brenda blessed me by sending some corned beef supper home with me; I love corned beef and cabbage :-)

Driving back home, I looked out my passenger window at the clouds, and saw a heart - with a seahorse formation next to it: there was no immediate place to pull over, but Holland pulled over as soon as he could so I could get a picture (I've never seen a seahorse cloud, before). The lower portion of the seahorse cloud was hid behind the orchard tree tops, but it's in my memory :-)

Back home, I ate a good portion of the meal Brenda sent home with me, started laundry, and asked Holland if he'd help me with the tower fan by standing alongside the bunk ladder while I climbed up the ladder, pulled it down to set up in the bedroom, and handed it to him to hold for me until I backed down the ladder. He said, "I'll just reach up here and get it for you." I said, "That works, too." So, he reached up, grabbed it, and handed it to me.

I love my life as my tall guy's wife :-)

A heart & seahorse cloud on the way home.
Brenda's corned beef supper - YUM!
This Tower Fan will be put to use again.
My tall guy - I love those curls, too ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love corned beef and cabbage too. I can virtually feel the warmth of this trip. Things are warming up over here too.
    Thanks bunches for sharing Kingsburg, CA with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.
    xo

    ReplyDelete