God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Cougar Bigfoot-WA

I have been wanting to visit Cougar, and grab a Bigfoot lunch since we've been here in Woodland; but we never had the time until this afternoon :-)

Holland suggested a drive since the day was so beautifully warm - and I asked if we could drive to Cougar.

We could … and we did ;-)

Cougar-WA from Woodland-WA; 39 min (28.4 mi) via Lewis River Rd

The drive was relaxing. Convo flowed easily and smoothly. Music was enjoyable. Sunshine flooded Betsy's cab and warmed our skin and soothed our souls.


The drive was very good for us.

Last time I had been to Cougar and ordered the Bigfoot mishmash for the first time, was 3 years ago - when I was spreading my solo lobo wings, and doing my best to distance myself from widowhood sadness:

A DAY TO REMEMBER ~ Amboy, Cougar, Yale Daytrip: (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/05/a-day-to-remember.html)

The last time I had been to Cougar before my 2021 solo lobo venture, was in the Fall of 2017 with my then husband - and 4 year old grandson: I was bumped from wife to widow in December of the following year; and haven't seen, or heard my grandson's voice, in years. Azariah will be 10 y.o. the end of this month.

SASQUATCH & LAVA VALLEY DAYTRIP: (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2017/09/sasquatch-lava-valley-daytrip.html)

Today, my new husband drove me up that familiar country highway to that familiar Bar & Grill. It was still an emotional experience … but this time, for a wholly different purpose: it was not a bittersweet journey.

This trip to Cougar, I was glad I was enjoying this sunny drive with someone who was appreciating the lazy-daze peaceful forested scenery, with me - and I was glad to introduce my present someone special to the place I know Bigfoot exists ;-)

Cougar Bar & Grill; #16849 Lewis River Rd, Cougar-WA
YES! Bigfoot is still being served ;-)
Memorabilia Wall; logging era & 1980 Eruption of volcanic Mt. St. Helens-WA
The Suit of  Armor is gone … suit of armor 5-27-21; Cougar Bar & Grill-WA.
My 'Bigfoot' in front & Holland's 'Eruption' behind … half of both came home with us …
And worth every cent :-)
A Cougar pelt - big paws leave a big foot print.
A Bear pelt  that would have left a big foot imprint - look at those claw nails (!); a new addition to the establishment.

New memories were forged this afternoon where old memories once held sway.

When we got back to the hotel, I got a phone call from a concerned friend who "heard through the grapevine" about the concerning trials Holland and I have been weathering most of this month; I assured this friend that Holland and I are working things out and that there will be no "splitting of the sheets". This friend understands the situations we have been dealing with this past year, and I am grateful for the outpouring of love towards both of us.

A friendship with no judgement; at least not spoken ;-)


Healing takes time, and that's okay.

We are building a Life … and that take's time, too.

In the meantime we enjoy the moments that make up our Life, in the moment. I'm glad we had our moment in time in Cougar, this afternoon :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment