God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, June 22, 2024

BUCKET LIST SHABBAT; Woodland-WA



June 21st: Today started early; we were up and out the door a little after 8 AM … and back again a bit past 9 AM; Holland wanted to make sure the repairs tally covered everything needing to be tended to, before the insurance agreement was settled on all ends - he was satisfied, so hopefully this thing will get started and finished in a reasonable timeframe.

We both wore shorts and light shirts because the afternoon's predicted weather temperature was to reach 85-degrees.

On our way back to Woodland, Holland called my attention to a vehicles we were approaching - he jokingly said, "Look Baby - the Beverly Hillbillies." I laughed and he chuckled when I said, "It looks like a modern version of the old west snake oil peddler's wagon - look, it even has a chandelier dangling form the back end!" … then we both howled with laughter as we passed the heavy laden vehicle, because the entire hood was covered with antlers of every size and species: and those were interspaced with mounted plastic human-like skulls of varying sizes.

It was a rat rod nightmare ;-)

Salmon Creek-WA from Woodland-WA; 16 min (14.5 mi) via I-5 S
We got a laugh out of this …

When Holland parked, he asked if there was something else I wanted to do, and I said, "Yeah - but I don't think you'll want to do it with me." Holland hasn't been feeling well as he deals with withdrawals. He asked me what it was, and I said it seemed a waste to waste such a beautiful sunny day, so, I was thinking maybe we could drive to Willow Grove where he could enjoy the cool river breeze and watch the water craft … and I could walk the short walking trail there. He said he'd stay behind, but I could take the truck and, "be gone all day if you want to, because it's gonna be hotter than Hell here; visit some of your friends."

So, I did :-)

Washington State heat is miserable because the humidity is so stinking high … and Holland is cold all the time: so, things worked out well for both of us ;-)

I enjoyed my much needed walk at Willow Grove Park, and … I got my garage sale fix & bought 3 books & 2 necklaces (all three happenstances are direct answers to prayer); I got my hair tidied (and enjoyed the familiar back roads); I mentally patted myself on the back several times this afternoon when I skillfully backed Beast Betsy into tight parking spaces (backing her out is kinda scary 'cause she's long and wide) to make leaving the parking spaces less stressful; I survived the on-going freeway traffic jam (which included a wreck because of the road construction mess) without a claustrophobic meltdown; and I ate a chinese meal (also a direct answer to prayer) :-)

It was a busy {relaxing} day … and I loved every minute of it :-)

Willow Grove Park, Longview-WA from Woodland-WA; 35 min (28.7 mi) via I-5 N and WA-432 W
I wanted to squeeze every opportunity out of this sunny day ;-)
I want to be an agile 'old woman' ;-)
I watched a young mother try to teach her 3 yo son how to fly a kite.
I spotted this beautifully maintained vintage hot rod - full metal body; not plastic, like cars are today. CHROME! I miss chrome … 1969 Malibu.

Luke Combs - 'Fast Car' song: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr7oYjnt3bM)

A daring little survivor all alone in the center of the rocky trail - a reminder of Life's story.
The brittle symphony of breeze rattled, sun-dried cottonwood tree leaves.
And happy, chirping & trilling bird song riding sunbeams.
This tree's bark is completely peeled away - naturally.
I need to start being more consciously diligent about walking - no matter what; or where.
I also scheduled a hair trim with the hair salon I like, in Castle Rock-WA
A welcome sign as I left the Park … I bought 3 books & 2 necklaces, here ;-)
Castle Rock-WA from Willow Grove-WA; 26 min (16.7 mi) via Delameter Rd
Kalama-WA from Castle Rock-WA; 20 min (19.9 mi) via I-5 S
The Lucky Dragon Chinese Restaurant, in Kalama-WA
Ferrying Supper home tonight …
Woodland-WA from Kalama-WA; 15 min (9.0 mi) via I-5 S
This 15 minute strip of freeway looks like 6 AM & 5 PM Seattle commute traffic - it's only 4 PM, here.
There is a wreck ahead; a 15 min. drive morphed into a half hour ordeal.
An inch at a time … all the way from Kalama to Woodland. Seriously. o.n.e.i.n.c.h.a.t.a.t.i.m.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment