God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 8, 2024

WHITE BEE HONEY; Woodland-WA

August 7th: It was pretty hot today, so we made a couple trips to the river where the cooling breeze was very welcome.

On our morning trip, as we were parked and enjoying the breeze, I looked across the river - and saw what I thought was a raft, and said, "What on earth is a raft doing cruising down the Columbia River dangerously close to the shipping channel?" Holland followed my gaze and said it was a mini tug.

I've never heard of … or seen … a mini tug before; they are little.

A mini tug! I've never seen anything like it …
Pictures of Mini Tugs
(https://forum.gcaptain.com/t/they-might-be-small-but-these-tiny-boats-still-serve-a-purpose-for-the-us-navy/56496)

Turning my eyes from the mini tug as it rounded the river's bend, I saw two large tug boats making their way speedily upriver from Portland-OR. They passed right in front of us, cruising through the fishing boats gathered to angle for salmon.

I started laughing as they cruised by, saying they look like giant house slippers - I know: I am a weirdo, and I own that ;-)

Following in the wake waves, were two older cabin cruisers with dinghy's.


Two tugs chugging up the river from Portland-OR.
As they passed, I laughed & said 'they look like giant house slippers' ;-)
Shaver Tug Service
(https://shavertransportation.com/)
1960's era Cabin Cruiser 'yachts'.

Leaving Austin Point, we noticed that the osprey nest was still empty (there had been no youngster activity when we drove in, either): the fledglings have flown on sun-warmed wings.

This is the third day we have noticed that the nest is empty most of the day; I am happy for the maturing birds, even though I am missing seeing them there everyday.

Life moves forward - theirs, as well as ours :-)

The Osprey nest is empty most of the day now … the fledglings will soon abandon it, altogether.

Driving the back dike homeward, we passed a 'honey for sale' sign; so, Holland backtracked and we carried honey jars and honey samples back to the motel room, with us.

We have been trying for months to buy local honey, in various locations: I am glad we were able to make purchase this afternoon.

Local Honey!
White Bee Honey Co.; #206 Whalen Rd, Woodland, WA:  (https://whitebeehoneycompany.com/about)
We bought 2 jarred flavored honeys … and 8 flavored Honey Stix. The black honey Stix tastes to me, like sweet molasses; I like it :-)

Relaxing and trying to stay cool, in the motel room, I went online to check out some more things to do in the general area - a Park in La Center came up … and I think I will do that tomorrow.

It looks interesting ;-)

It was still stifling warm, so we drove back down to the river just before sunset; and spent about an hour there.

Gold gilded river, at sunset. Beautiful.
Leaving, we could see that the smokey wildfire haze had tinted the sun, & water, a rosy hue.

Though the sky told us there was smoke in the air, it did not hurt our lungs.

Thank You, Yeshua ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment