God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, June 19, 2023

HOLDING STABLE

June 12th: I had an eye exam this afternoon, so Holland was in charge of Bleu most of the day.

It was pretty hot, so I dressed light - and got my face in place (light makeup - I don't wear liquid foundation or powder) ;-)

'Polite' for brow, & glittery 'Illusion' for eyelid.
Sparkly 'Baby Blue' eye accent & lower eye liner; 'Navy Blue' for upper eye liner. 'Auburn Eyebrow Gel' & 'Cobalt Blue' Mascara.
'Coral Ember' Crème Blush; 'Nude Intrigue' Lipstick & 'Coral Crave' Lipgloss.
Ready to 'Slay' …

I was pretty nervous about parking The Beast in Dr. Tack's Park area - it's tight; most parking slots are not wide enough, or long enough for a super-sized 4x. Before I left, I told Holland that if it looked too "iffy" (like I might back into a car in a parking slot behind the truck), I would circle around and park down the street in the Strip Mall, hiking back to Dr. Tack's Office. Holland assured me that I would be fine, "You can do it Baby, I have faith in you."

And I answered Pam's earlier text, saying I'd drop by for a cup of coffee if the exam didn't take too long.

Then I kissed Holland and Bleu goodbye, before walking out the door.

Holland said, "Take your time visiting with Pam, Baby. Bleu and I will be just fine."

The drive over the Lewis and Clark Bridge between Oregon and Washington was uneventful (Thank You, Lord!); and so was the eye exam :-)

I surprised myself when I parked 'The Beast' perfectly in Dr. Tack's Parking Lot; downtown Longview-WA
Foyer - I like the wall colors.
Digital Screening Room - TESTS PASSED; Eye Examination Room - STAYING STABLE; I do not need new eyewear. YAY!!
I got to keep ALL my eyeglasses.

I nipped into Safeway's for a quick Pit Stop before driving to Pam's; and was gratified to realize that driving The Beast is not the ordeal I thought it would be ;-)

I also like that the cherry red color is easy to spot among all the other vehicles in the parking lots ;-)

Another perfect parking; Safeway's Parking Lot. Now, off to Pam's …

I enjoyed my afternoon visit with Pam, Frank and Sean. Pam and Frank are my oldest friends … and just about the only friends I can visit anymore - the 4x is too large and long for my other friends' pocket driveways :-(

We talked about a variety of things: the changes in their lives since we last visited, Holland and my trip across States to buy our 5th Wheel - and Bleu's addition to our family.

A lot of changes for all of us.

Pam told me that a huge landslide took out a huge span of roadway around Mt. St. Helen's and washed out a bridge, cutting off access to the Johnston Ridge Observatory. I don't have TV, so I hadn't heard any of this until she told me about it. I researched it when I got back home: 

12 people and a dog rescued from landslide near Mt. St. Helens | FOX 13 Seattle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e44GPui_tc)

The washout area is the circled & starred area, between Coldwater Lake & Johnston Ridge Observatory.

It was a good visit.

The drive back home was easy; and I was glad to be back home with my guys :-)

I don't think Bleu was too thrilled to the center of attention though, when I snapped a pic of him to jet off to Pam ;-)

Picture of Bleu to Pam; his eyes were saying, 'Mooommm!' and he was looking like a put-upon-tweenager. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment