God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, June 19, 2023

PICK YOUR BATTLES WISELY

June 11th: When Bleu and I returned from our beach frolic earlier in the morning, Holland got busy modifying the 4x.

(https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2023/06/bleus-morning-outingjones-beach-or.html)

Truck Rack & Bed Tool Box; both bolted down, in place.
Holland had to give it a trim for a proper fit.

When I looked at the modification, I was hoping there was room near the back rack for the generator we will need on our road journey: it looked {iffy} at best - and unworkable at worse.

The generator is big and bulky … so is the 5th Wheel Hitch. It didn't appear to me, that there would be enough room in the truck bed (as it is currently set up) for both the Tool Box and the Generator. One of them will eventually have to go; there is no help for it. There simply isn't enough room for both.

Holland will be disappointed when that time for decision comes.

Thankfully, the box only cost $50.

I am learning to bend: I nodded that the set up looked "great" (it really did) … and I held my tongue (a very h.a.r.d. thing for me to do!).

When Holland was satisfied with the pickup appearance, we drove into town to pick up some groceries. Holland had planned a Supper Menu and headed for Safeway's to gather what he wanted (he loves to cook); and I went next door to the High School Pharmacy Store to pick up a nail kit to keep in the pickup: I also grabbed some more hair stuff too, to keep my hair tidy while it grows out.

And Holland wisely held his tongue, too, when he saw the girlish hair bands/hair pins his aging wife held in her hands ;-)

A tricked out 4x, and girlish hair stuff.

We are a pair ~ a perfect pairliving our life and snubbing our noses at our ages :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment