God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

SKETCHY INTERNET

October 30th: Man! It was a cold morning (the desert is naturally nippy when the sun isn't shining; & the wind is still gusty here) - so, I plugged the space heater in to ease the chill on my aging body ;-)

Then, went online … only to lose the signal just as quickly :-(

Holland used the Resorts WIFI - and it was frustratingly slow & kept cutting out, too.

Sketchy internet was the name of the game all day long. The high winds and flying sand just kept causing interference.

Another 'stuck-in-the-house' day; gusty winds, blowing sand dust (brown 'haze' in background): our lungs feel the unpleasant effects of sand dust if we spend time outside during these days, and neither one of us need/want to take that risk.

So, to beat cabin fever, we went for a little drive around the neighborhood; to "get the lay of the land" …

Walking out the door …

… and when we got back home Holland spent time in the kitchen juicing and creating tasty meals - and I ran Bleu in and out of the house (quickly, so sand dust wouldn't cause easy breathing complications), played my Jewel Quest game; and educated Holland on Clive Cussler (he had no idea who the man is!): a few months back we has stopped at Appelo's in Naselle, and I bought a paper bag full of Clive Cussler novels. Holland wasn't happy about the "added weight" he considered completely unnecessary, but I knew they'd be needed at some point; when the weather stinks, and the internet goes down … they are needed :-)

Holland juicing a power drink for me; his own fruit combo "for your heart & lungs, Baby."
High winds kept knocking internet out … so, I played my Jewel Quest Game for a bit; it's not as easy as it looks: I've been stuck here, for weeks.
Currently reading this Clive Cussler adventure.

The night sky was pretty with a pink cloud sliver; I hope it is a calm day tomorrow when we pack up and move across town.

Tonight's sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment