God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, October 29, 2023

HIGH WINDS & FLYING SAND~Desert Holiday RV Resort, Yuma-AZ

Yesterday we had taken Bleu to a gravel lot a few paces down the street, to run free and chase his little blue ball - but Holland noticed some sort of tiny stickers that had attached themselves to the truck tires … and then he noticed that there was green growth among the pea gravel that had the sharp things all over them.

And then … I noticed them … because I had worn my rubber flip-flops instead of my heavier soled sandals: my tender soles were being stabbed! We put Bleu back in the 4x, and I carefully hobbled back to the 4x, where I removed the hard-as-bone plant barnacles with a pen :-(

The, we checked Bleu's paw pads, and were relieved to see that his feet were safe. How he managed that is still a mystery because the tires and my feet weren't so lucky.

Ouch! Sandspurs = 'prairie shrapnel' (internet pic)

On our way back home, Holland said, "Tomorrow, we'll get up early and drive down to the border. We'll spend a couple hours out of the house - and you can get pictures of Mexico, and the Colorado River."

That was the Plan for this morning ;-)

All that changed overnight :-(

Hazy morning with flying sand caught on the strong, high winds. 6 A.M.
Never received a 'red flag' warning before … I sat up & paid attention. We were definitely rocked by a 50-mph wind gust; I'll have to keep Bleu on a leash when he goes outside to do his 'business'.
Our planned Border-Colorado River Daytrip is shelfed today.
Strong, high winds … and flying sand.
Bleu thinks he's still a 10-pound puppy. LOL
Holland is my blessing; Elohim's love gift, to me.
Patrick Swayze - 'She's Like The Wind' song:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gbz-Lau5tc)
This gypsy-hearted woman loves her big guy :-)

So, we're going to hunker down in our rocking RV, today; and let the winds blow as they will ;-)

Holland made a yummy breakfast - and a delicious power drink: Holland's power drinks are original (no hard-n-fast recipes); they are silky smooth, and milk-shake-substance (not watery like store bought drinks).

Totally yummy :-)

Breakfast; thick sliced bacon & Holland's original recipe chunky omelet (eggs (no growth hormones or vaccines), cheddar cheese, red onion, zucchini, tomatoes, Anaheim pepper, salt & pepper).
I'm 5'2" and curvy; Holland likes my 'kardashian' rear end … I think he feeds me to deliberately keep my {biscuits} at mile-high status. LOL ;-)
Holland's own power drink; raw pineapple, raw ginger & whole lemon.

Today will be a total "Veg-out Day" with nothing more exciting happening than hugs, kisses, and TV movies … which, with the right person can be very exciting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment