God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 12, 2024

SHAVUA TOV 2024; Long Beach Peninsula-WA

We can't get enough of this beautiful outdoor weather.

We spent some time at the beach again this afternoon - but this time, we didn't just drive up and down the beach … we parked instead, and just enjoyed the sunshine, roaring waves, and comfortable chit chat among ourselves.

Cranberry Road Approach-WA
We spent about 2 hours here today; watching waves, watching people, watching birds … & talking.
Holland surprised me with this tea flavor; perfect for a sunny Shabbat afternoon at the beach ;-)

Holland knows I like twisted tea when the weather heats up, so when he sees a flavor I've not tried yet, he buys it. And since Holland was driving, I enjoyed my cool drink while enjoying the sunny beach activity :-)

Essentially, Twisted Tea is a malt (a type of beer) beverage - so, it isn't spiked with any hard liquor; it is made with a base alcohol that is brewed like beer, along with real black tea, citrus flavors, and sweeteners. Twisted Tea contains about the same amount of alcohol as a typical beer … the can reads 5%.

Sanderlings.
Sanderling
(https://www.centralcoastbiodiversity.org/sanderling-bull-calidris-alba.html)
When we got home, I spent about 2 hours finishing up my project … we are both happy with the way it turned out; it's not fancy, but it will do what it is deigned to do: keep my husband warm.
Holland is cold a.l.l.t.h.e.t.i.m.e., so I designed this vest with double-thickness in mind; he likes it ;-)
It is a relaxed, comfortable fit.
Another surprising flavor; I'm gonna finish this off as Shabbat comes to a close.

Like all alcoholic beverages, Scripture (Old & New Covenants) prohibits abusing wine and beer (Isaiah 5:11; 28:7; Proverbs 20:1; 31:4). But in moderation, drinking beer was encouraged (Proverbs 31:6). In fact, Deuteronomy 14:26 actually commands Israelites to use some of their tithe money to "buy some wine or similar drinks" and celebrate before the Lord.

So, I do not have any qualms at all about drinking my twisted teas during Shabbat … or any other time during the week, with moderation: Christians are allowed by Elohim to drink alcohol, but we are forbidden to get drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment