God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, April 19, 2024

LORD, PLEASE~I Need A Touch; Kingman-AZ to Barstow-CA

April 10th: This morning we pulled stakes at Zuni RV Park, in Kingman-AZ … with a stop in Bakersfield-CA planned before aiming Betsy towards WA

But first, we wanted to make a short detour drive to Aunt Gaye's before leaving Kingman - we love this lady; we're gonna miss her :-)

Woke up to cheerful birdsong :-)
Ponderosa Pine; Kingman-AZ
Ponderosa Pine/Pinus ponderosa:
 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_ponderosa)
Pulled stakes in Kingman-AZ
Stopped by Aunt Gaye's, 1st thing; the Harris's love Holland. Holland says his Aunt looks like his Mom; the Native America features are very prominent. Holland's mother must have been a very attractive woman.

The drive from Kingman-AZ to Barstow-CA was filled with roadside color - the desert looks so beautiful when it's in bloom. There were plentiful patches of yellow flowered bushes - in several of the median {draws} I spotted desert rose cactuses (aka, 'prickly pear cactus'); ocotillo cactuses were beginning to green up, and bud with bright orangish-red 'flames'. The roadsides were also hosting bushes with pretty little pumpkin-orange corkscrew flower stalks … as well as patches of bright orange california poppies, and little clumps purple lupines.

Today's road route to Skyline RV Park in Barstow-CA, from Kingman-AZ~This stretch of the highway is new to me - not to Holland: he's been all over the place in this region, but he took this route to show me new scenery - he's the greatest guy :-)
Interstate 40~I-40
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_40_in_Arizona)

It was a lovely, warm, enjoyable drive.

UNTIL …

A sudden asthma flareup threw everything into chaos :-(

I am not encouraging a breathless relationship with asthma - I want it to go away and stop it's infatuation with my lungs!

The breathlessness asthma causes is not a flirtation I want to experience; and it is a burdensome worry for my husband.

It was unexpected - and it happened when I was laughing; apparently tripping my funny bone will also trigger my faulty lungs.

My face was on fire with broken blood vessels; tears were blinding me when my body went into automatic spasmatic overdrive (not quite convulsions, but close) in the struggle to keep me alive; my chest ached from the coughing and strenuous attempt to suck air in; my heart felt like it would burst; and my throat was so sore from swelling up due to all the strenuous activity of trying to get my rebelling lungs under control … choking on mucus while trying to suck breath down a throat that is closing very rapidly (similar to anaphylaxis = which I also experience when stung by wasps) because it is raw from coughing, and trying to expel the asthmatic mucus.

Lord … I need a Touch.
What Is Athma? 
(https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/asthma/learn-about-asthma/what-is-asthma & https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323523)
This can be hidden behind sunglasses … until it fades.
It's very strenuous trying to breathe with faulty lungs: this strenuous attempt to stay alive, can't be hidden at all. I hate being the object of curiosity 😕

It's an awful experience to undergo.

My poor husband - all he could do was watch, pray, and calmly talk my overdriven body down to a relaxed state whereby the emergency inhaler could effectively be utilized.

I feel most bad for him when he has to experience these flareups with me. They are very scary to watch.

It could have been a thousand little things that led up to the big thing; the "thing" with asthma is that you never know exactly what set it into motion. In this case, my lungs were no doubt already in trouble before I started laughing hard - which caused a major asthma flareup.

My chest and left arm ached a good half hour following that strenuous asthmatic episode.

Poor Holland.

Asthma takes it's toll on relationships when worry sets in.

Entering CA, from AZ
Tomorrow, we'll be heading to Bakersfield-CA to get tires fixed; then off towards WA
Desert carpet of gold; apparently we are enjoying our USA Tour during the Mohave Superbloom Period - which only happens every 10 years ;-)
Superbloom:
 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbloom#:~:text=The%20rare%20concatenation%20of%20these,due%20to%20persistent%20state%20drought.)
Asthma takes a toll on relationships.
Barstow Drive-In Theatre: #31175 Old Hwy 58, Barstow, CA
Overnight rest; Skyline RV Park, Barstow-CA
Silver glitter-speckled rock; I'm always looking for the 'silver lining' in everything ;-)

I don't let my limitations handicap me: life is for living, not worrying about dying.

I asked for prayer from my close friends that are also on FB; I asked them to please pray that Holland can find some humor in bad situations - not in a morbid way, but in a way that relaxes him as it does me.

Pray also for a healing of my lungs 🙏

#Yeshua said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

##"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

###"I will bless Yeshua at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in my Lord; the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify Yeshua Ha'Mashiach with me, and let us exalt His name together.

I sought my Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:1-4)

####Yeshua said, "Again, I tell you truly that if two of you on the earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)

I am praying Elohim will lead me to a Fellowship that believes in divine healing, like I do: I need Yeshua's Healing Touch.

"Is any sick among you? let him/her call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him/her, anointing him/her with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him/her up; and if he/she have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him/her." (James 5:14 thru 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment