God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

AUNT GAYE~Kingman-AZ; Pt. #2

This morning we had breakfast with Holland's Aunt; we punched her address into GPS, and were happy to note that we were only 5 minutes from her front door :-)

We woke up to this message from her:

Aunt Gaye's Welcome.

We were warmly welcomed, and I was immediately embraced: it felt like coming Home.

Aunt Gaye's house; inside is very comfortable - & she has an outdoor garden area; she's 85 y.o., and still doing everything herself. She's very peppy, upbeat, and mentally sharp.

Aunt Gaye a genteel Southren woman - very tiny (I felt like a giant standing next to her), about 100 pounds (maybe) and very dainty bone structure. Holland whispered to me, "She looks exactly like my mother."

Holland's mother has passed, so I never got to meet her; but from what Holland has told me, she was a good mother and a lovely/Godly woman: and everyone else I have met recently (as well as Aunt Gaye, this morning) echoed that sentiment.

Breakfast was slim compared to what Holland dishes up: but the table as laid out like we were being treated to a feast - that's what southern hostesses do ;-)

I was getting a glimpse into how Holland was raised, and what type of women he'd been around: I'm fairly certain that I am a hostess failure, and will never meet the Southren woman standard.

But I instantly loved this woman; and I left feeling the quick love vibe was mutual.

I'm enjoying my new family branch ;-)

I was happy for my husband.

I was glad to finally have met this woman I've heard so much about.

On our way back to our RV space, we stopped at Wal*Mart … and I saw this cute little flowering bush as I stepped down from the passenger side of Betsy; isn't it a pretty thing?

Pink Fairy Duster.
Pink Fairy Duster
(https://garden.org/plants/view/80454/Pink-Fairy-Duster-Calliandra-eriophylla/)

Back Home, Holland treated me to one of his original bachelor foodie concoctions - it was delish:-)

He loves preparing things for me to eat: he spoils me shamelessly.

But, after I ate that tasty sandwich, I said I was going on a diet. His recipes are wonderful … but the extra 30 pounds I've gained is not. All that weight I had shed after Bob's spirit left Earth has returned with a vengeance :-(

It's gotta go: I want to fit my clothes, again.

Holland said he needs to drop weight, too; so we are seriously cutting back on heavy, fatty meals (this sandwich will stay on the Menu, though ;-))

Holland's original Tuna-Egg Salad Sandwich. SO YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment