God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

SPIRIT

Crown your man; minister love to his spirit.

I got up around 5:30 AM, spent some time talking with Elohim … and tending to the fur-babies' needs. Holland got up around 10 AM (he didn't fall into bed until around 1:30 AM), so he needed the sleep.

We are still getting used to each other, finding balance in new circumstances, and working out situations that best fit our life - and our marriage. Right now in the spirit of unity; split-shifting sleep patterns and fur-baby responsibilities is what works in the moment.

When Holland had drank his morning coffee, and woke up enough to converse coherently, he said, "I have a major headache." I said, "You were up into the wee hours of the dawning morning … plus, the babies are smelling strongly like dogs - that's enough to give anyone a headache; and that could be one of the reasons for my asthma flare-up the other night." And he said, "Let's see if there is a dog bath available." I called the RV Resort's Office, and they said the Dirty Dawg Bath on grounds, wasn't open yet (it's down for maintenance) … so, I went online and found a groomer up Spirit Lake Highway; she said she could get them in around 1'noon, so we all got ready :-)

(((Thank You, Elohim!))); the pups will get bathed & trimmed.
Spirit Lake Highway-WA

Asthmatics aren't supposed to have furry pets - but I am not giving up the pups: in the spirit of faithfulness … and by the power of His Holy Spirit, Elohim will just have to honor Yeshua's healing of me at Calvary 2,023 years ago ;-)

I drove, so Holland's sore arm wouldn't be hurting right off the bat. I missed the sign among the roadside weedy litter … and had to make a U-turn a bit further up the highway.

We dropped them off around 12:25'noon - and then decided to back-tracked to the mexican restaurant in Castle Rock for lunch while the fur-babies were being bathed and clipped ;-)

Mexican Restaurant in Castle Rock-WA
Castle Rock area - about 2 shakes of a lamb's tail from our front door as we sit, now.
Interior; neither of us have ever eaten here before, though we both had driven past it for decades … this is another memory we are making, together :-)
Floor design as soon as you step inside.
Pretty benches right inside the entrance door.
Floor tile-insert by the benches.
Hand painted wall mural; one of many.
Menu; we chose dishes from the Lunch Menu …
Something else new … flavored margaritas.
Our table tile insert.
Holland's choice; Cheese Enchilada & Beef Taco.
Chicken Carnita Dish; I used the flour tortilla that came with this dish, and made a Fajita out of my choice.

I tried that peach-flavored margarita Holland was telling me about last night (he knows I like peach-flavored teas & soda's): it was okay, but I like the regular flavored margarita better.

Holland said I should try a margarita at every  mexican restaurant we eat at. I am an 'obedient wife' ;-)
This spirited beverage is tasty!
Holland did the interior of this fancy restaurant, across the highway; Castle Rock-WA

Then we drove through the Seaquest Park to see if there were any RV spots large enough for our RV, for future considerations; there weren't - all the sites were for much smaller RV's.

I like making all these new memories: memories that are not tinged with the Past - memories that do not make me cry. I never thought I could ever enjoy life again without Bob … but Elohim is a good God, and He is continually blessing my life with joy.

Holland is my new joy.

Holland sees me as 'beautiful', and his love for me gave life to feelings I never expected to ever feel again. Holland's love breathed healing into my broken heart, and covers my life with a garment of praise. Holland is constantly telling me, "our love is a God-thing, Baby" … and it truly is.

I like this new Becoming :-)

Isaiah 61:3
Seaquest State Park; I had never been here before, but Holland had camped here. It's a nice, forested, Park.

Our spirited puppies were finally ready for pick-up around 2:45 … so, we picked them up, paid for the much-needed-service, and drove as far up Spirit Lake Highway as we could (I wanted to see/take pictures of the landslide area).

When we reached this point in the drive, I told Holland this would probably be the last view of Mt. St. Helen's anyone would see, after the recent landslide.
Mt. St. Helens; seen from the Castle Lake Viewpoint. Castle lake in the lower right corner.
Location of Castle Lake~Coldwater Lake, Hummocks Trail, & Johnston Ridge Observatory (this building has been closed to the public for decades - the recent landslide will probably never be cleaned up).
End of the road; if I was by myself, I would have hiked to the landslide area past the gate. But, I am no longer a solo lobo - I have a husband to consider, now.
Location of Gate: across from Hummocks Trail & Coldwater Lake access road~Coldwater Lake from Johnston Ridge Observatory - 8 mins.
I'm not going to be sad leaving WA - this communist state can eat my dust.

We never got to see the landslide, but Holland was a good sport about driving that far without a payoff at the end; he is a good husband for me.

On our way back home, we passed a house with a cute gabled front porch …

The gabled front porch on this house caught my eye …
It looks like a restoration project in the works; Spirit Lake Highway-WA

The weather was perfect, and our spirits vibed with the comfort of oneness we are enjoying in newlywed bliss; the drive was relaxingly enjoyable.

It was a good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment