God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

FUN IN THE HOT SUN

We had to run over to Oregon this morning to collect the RV Title … and we had to stop by the RV Office here, and secure another week's stay.

Interesting rock & Poplar trees, outside the Office Building.
Bleu's bandana did not last long … I don't know when Holland tied it on Bleu, but Sonny ripped it off in no time ;-)

After we had the Title in hand (and it's about time too, Oregon - WTH??); we thought we'd take the pups to Jones Beach and let them run free for a while :-)

Just before we left the beach, I called in a pick-up-order at Bundy's Burger Bar … and promptly got the 4x stuck in soft sand :-(

Holland grimaced, and said, "You'll have to put the truck in neutral, slip the gear into 4x, and back out." I said, "You told me 2 weeks ago, that this truck would 'drive on sand, no problem' - so, now, there's a problem?" He said, "This truck will drive on sand easily - but you need to be smart about it: you just can't jump right into deep, soft, sand!" I rolled my eyes … he'd been grousing about how I treat the truck, all morning long: I 'need to close the door easier' (something about {bushings} - whatever: I've slammed lots of truck doors and no one ever worried about bushings); I 'need to take it easy on accelerating' (we compromised - he can drive his way; I will drive mine) … and now, I 'need to understand sand driving' (and I admit, I do - I've never done it before. I listened, but I also set my mind to having fun in the hot sun :-))

IT'S A TRUCK, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

And, it's meant to be used like a truck.

But, to Holland, the 4x is his baby - I don't think he puts it above me; but it's a close toss up ;-)

I'll try to be gentler - but I'm not going to lose any sleep over how I drive a truck.

I found a fishing weight at Jones Beach; I'll give it to Frank & Sean on the 4th.
Who will be 'top dog'; LOL
Shaded bowl of water - they went through 3 bowls. It was 80-degrees today.
Sonny wastes more water than he drinks 
I got the truck stuck in deep, soft, sand; admittedly, the grooves were very deep.
We gently chastised each other … seriously, but in good humor.
Trisha Yearwood -'That's What I Like About You' song:(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhF-egmTUWo)
Gary Allen -'Learning How To Bend' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvfJb10oc0M)
I WILL MISS these Bundy Burgers … I've been eating them since I was a 17-yr-old newlywed; and I introduced Holland to them this year. They are made the old-fashioned way - messy, and yummy!

At home, we put flea collars on the boys … and settled in for a relaxing summer evening ;-)

Both fur-babies were outfitted with flea collars; the collars came with reflective lens.

Gary Allen - 'Nothin On But The Radio' song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRnDl75acdw)

No comments:

Post a Comment