God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, July 28, 2023

SHINE ON~Cameron-MT

This morning we were up and on the road by 9 AM.

I was struggling a little to breathe, and Holland was concerned; but I reminded him that the last few times we stayed in Butte I had the same issue: Butte's air is not good for me. I don't know why … but my lungs are always in distress when we are here. Maybe it's the dust that's constantly kicked up up traffic, or by wind gusts.

Anyway.

I toned the makeup down today, but it was still a little glitzy: I like color - and Holland likes me dolled up ;-)

Glittery 'Blitz' for eyeshadow; 'Carefree' for lower eyeliner; 'VIP' for eye accent & upper eyeliner.
'Auburn' Brow Gel; 'Glam Black' Mascara; 'Neutre Enflamme' Crème Blush. Glittery 'Pink Quartz' Lipgloss.

I was chuckling when this song ran through my mind while pulling on my sandals. I don't feel 66, so I don't dress like an old woman - I was not as {trashy} looking this morning as I was yesterday … but I'm pretty flashy most days because I like color (clothing, makeup, glasses, ect.). Thankfully Holland doesn't mind :-)

Jerry Jeff Walker - 'I Like My Women A Little On The Trashy Side' song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJvSVsoim4

Driving through Butte, I saw a pretty large black and white bird fly by; researching it, I read it is a Magpie.

Black-billed Magpie; seen in Butte-MT
Leaving Butte, heading towards Yellowstone.

As the lodgepole pines and aspen trees flashed past while we drove along, Holland plotted our route.

I have several bloodlines running through my veins … but Israeli and American Indian (I don't say ''Native American, because Indians are not natives - they came here like everyone else; as immigrants. However, they were the first immigrants on this land's soil - but that's the only claim they have above everyone else), are the most prominent. My American Indian link is the Blackfoot-Lakota, which are one of the seven Sioux tribes: ranging from Montana through the Dakota's, to Minnesota. I'm excited Holland has brought me to my ancient ancestor's land and wants to share that experience, together.

Holland plotting our route …
Grizzly Bear attack near the RV Park that was on our radar due to our RV length.

Fatal Grizzly Bear Attack Near Yellowstone:  https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/273912890/woman-dead-mauled-by-grizzly-bear-near-yellowstone-park

In Cardwell we stopped along the roadside for a pit stop call for all three of us … got a text from David thanking me for stocking his firepit when Holland and I stayed at his Longbeach property two weeks ago …  and ended up with a pock-marked windshield when a wide-ass dually 4x passed us :-(

Cardwell, Montana - westside entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
Text from David.
Pinged by a flying road pebble.
Holland has been to Sheridan many times - he likes it; he thought about moving there at one time.

Driving through Ennis, I wondered if David would enjoy this place: he likes to fish for trout, and Ennis is trout fishing heaven. Plus, the scenery is relaxing, too ;-)

Didn't bother stopping in Ennis - very touristy, and draws trout fishermen.
Didn't bother stopping in Ennis - very touristy, and draws trout fishermen.
My thoughts always go where other people's thoughts don't … Holland has never been to Yellowstone, either - another new memory we are making together :-)

Yellowstone Is A Volcano - A Supervolcano:  (https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/yellowstone-volcano/)

We decided to hole up in Cameron for a few days and Holland signed in at what seemed to be a low-key Resort after being assured our RV would fit.

O.M.G.

We decided to hunker down here tonight~Galloup's Slide Inn Resort offers 23 full hookup RV camping sites at this fly fishing retreat.
150 US Highway 287 South Cameron, MT.
(https://www.slideinn.com/about-slide-inn/lodging/)
That bend at the end, is where the snafu happened.

We couldn't get around the willow tree at the far bend, to get into our spot. We just couldn't make it work - the turn wasn't wide enough: our RV is BIG.

The driveway was too short and tight.

There was fallen post railing alongside the gravel/a natural gas pipe had literally been driven into the edge gravel/boulders littered the ground all over the place/broken picnic tables were off to one side/overgrown blueberry bushes & shrubby pine trees lining the driveway edge/parked vehicles in a scanty sized parking area/people were coming out of their RV's to watch the slow procession & offer suggestions … it was making me very nervous as Holland carefully backed up the entire.length.of.the.driveway.

Two people were angels in disguise.

Holland did really good; he kept a calm head.

I was proud of him - real proud of him :-)

It was an interesting experience; and Holland was the man of the hour when the dust settled; his expertise driving skills having shone bright.

We have good neighbors on all sides of us, and we have decided to extend our stay into Saturday afternoon :-)

Elohim blessed us with good neighbors.
I'm proud of my man! And everyone else was duly impressed, too.
Snuggly nestled among the pines …
Allison Krause & John Waite - 'Lay Down Beside Me' song:(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7AIJz4Y2g)
Holland makes the tastiest margarita's, and the tenderest steak Supper. Just the way I like it - thank you, husband!

Remember me mentioning earlier that a woman was mauled to death by a grizzly near Yellowstone? The Custer National Forest is spread out along Eastern Montana and the North-West side of Wyoming, with most of its land being held in Montana. The forest stretches through about six counties, including Park, Gallatin, Sweet Grass, Madison, Carbon, and Meagher. We are hunkered down in Madison County, Montana; the region where the bear mauling happened.

BEAR MAULING MAPPED AREA. We'll be driving into this area tomorrow; we'll be going armed and carrying Bear Spray.
Holland is a very protective husband; when we married, Holland bought me some Bear Spray as soon as he found out I go hiking alone - plus, he insisted I carry a firearm, and a concealed weapon permit. And, he has recently been assured that I know how to use a firearm with reasonable accuracy ;-)

Bulletin from Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks (Region 3) = 3 days ago: Yesterday morning, a woman was found deceased on the Buttermilk Trail west of West Yellowstone following an apparent bear encounter. Investigators confirmed grizzly bear tracks at the scene, and the investigation is ongoing.

The Custer Gallatin National Forest has issued an emergency closure of the Buttermilk area for human safety. Please avoid the area. More information will be provided as it becomes available.

Generally, the Buttermilk Area Closure is located about 8 miles west of West Yellowstone. It follows the Continental Divide Trail (Forest Service Trail #116) from the trailhead near Targhee Pass on Highway 20 south to the confluence with Cream Creek Road (Forest Service Road #1703 and Road 484). The area closure follows these roads to the east and north back to the Forest Service boundary just south of Highway 20 and to the west to connect with the Continental Divide Trail (Trail #116).

Bears can be found throughout Montana. In recent years, grizzly bear populations have expanded. People venturing into the outdoors should “Be Bear Aware” by following these precautionary steps:

- Carry and know how to use bear spray.

- Travel in groups whenever possible and plan to be out in the daylight hours.

- Avoid carcass sites and concentrations of ravens and other scavengers.

- Watch for signs of bears such as bear scat, diggings, torn-up logs and turned over rocks, and partly consumed animal carcasses.

- Make noise, especially near streams or in thick forest where hearing and visibility are limited, to alert bears to your presence.

- Don't approach a bear. 

Tomorrow we go to Yellowstone - then the next day to the Tetons; and then up to Mt. Rushmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment