God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, September 14, 2024

LIFESTYLE CHANGES/MY 4PATRIOT FOOD 'Dinner Bell-Broccoli Bake' w-Rice Bake; Long Beach-WA


September 12th: We are set up in Ocean Park-WA, for a month … then will be off to AZ, in October 😁

We are still putting Independence up for sale: if our plans dove-tail with Elohim's Plans for us, we'll be downsizing in the near future and going places we can't get Independence into 🙏

Yesterday, we drove to Warrenton-OR to shop for meats at The Chef's Store; I want a more varied menu for the meals I'll be cooking, and Holland was in agreement.

He also mentioned he'd like to drive to Tillamook sometime before we leave WA - so, I looked up the time frame needed to get from here to there, and back:

Holland has mentioned a trip to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, while we are here.

When we got back home, I broke each meat supply down, into 2 servings portions, vacuum-sealed them, and filled the freezer (I also froze chicken pkg's):

Angus beef patties; 2 burger pkg's.
Shrimp; 2-serving pkg's.
Bacon took the longest to prepare for the freezer - but the kitchen smelled wonderful ;-)
Fried Bacon for 2; to be used for breakfast, as well as soup additives.

Basically, I was in the kitchen for the majority of yesterday prepping meats for future meals; and making a cheeseburger for Supper then washing dishes before finishing the bacon. At one point, Holland said, "I don't like to see you being a kitchen slave." And I said, "I'm not a slave - I'm being a wife … this is what wives do, and I am happy to do; this only happens on grocery day - the rest of the month, I'm a lazy cook; trust me when I say I'll have plenty of time to sit on my duff while Suppers are getting under way. You don't need to worry about me: and you're going to be eating good, balanced meals once this busy work is done. The goal is to lose 150 lbs. between the both of us, by this time next year - that's why I'm breaking these things down into portions. And we are going to be eating more veggies. We'll eat up the Patriot Meal Packages, and the boxed meals we loaded Independence with … then, I'll start using fresher food stuffs when we get down south where the fresh produce stands are year ' round. You'll see that "good diet foods" does not mean starvation rabbit foods. I like meats as well as veggies - and I understand that men want man food. You're gonna love the meals I make for us."


September 13th: While driving around Long Beach this afternoon looking for the heralded Farmer's Market, we spotted a little church building that looks promising … so, I came home and researched it, and said I might go Sunday; Holland said he might join me. This development looks promising ;-)

We are thinking about checking this place out ;-)

The Farmer's Market was a disappointment - there weren't any fresh foods … just driftwood {art} being sold alongside home-baked cookies, cakes, and pies.

Tomorrow, there is supposed to be a Garlic festival happening in Ocean Park, and we're thinking about checking that out … as well as the Saturday Market, in Ilwaco-WA ;-)

Today's agenda …
Ilwaco's Saturday Market is tomorrow.

Instead of turning back home, Holland extended the out-of-house-Day with a wave watching beachventure … and a short drive to Nahcotta-WA; Independence is parked nearby, so we didn't go too far afield, in either direction ;-)

Spent about half an hour here, at the Ocean Park beach access.
We're parked between Okie's Thriftway Store & Sandridge Road.
Swallows; Nahcotta-WA
Nahcotta-WA: 
(https://pacificcountyedc.org/our-communities/nahcotta/)

Back home, Holland settled some medical bills online - and I got busy with Supper, and another little preemie sacque, while watching a Gena Rowlands movie - I like her movies (she recently died); Linda Lavin is okay, too, but I really like Gena's character acting.

I started a preemie sacque for a boy, tonight … this is yarn from a hoarded cache: you can't get a skein of yarn at this price, today.

Linda Lavin with Gena Rowlands - 'Best Friends for Life' (1998) movie:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9wmP_xX8M)

Tonight I used another 4Patriots Food supper package (halved, since there are only 2 of us) - adding onions, mushrooms, and that leftover cream of  mushroom soup I used for another meal three days ago.

You can just cook these meals "as is" … but we like to add extras, for a more flavorful meal.

Here's my modified version of 4Patriot Food Rice, Broccoli, & Cheese Bake:

MY 4PATRIOT FOOD 'Dinner Bell-Broccoli Bake' w-Rice Bake ~serves 2-3

Half a packet of 4Patriot Food's Dinner Bell-Broccoli Bake w-Rice * 3 cups Water * 1 large Chicken Breast, cut into cubes * 1/2 can Cream of Mushroom Soup * 1/4 cup chopped Red Onion (any cooking onion will do; I just like the color) * 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms * dash of Salt * 1/4 tsp. grnd. Black Pepper * dash of Garlic Powder * Cooking Oil Spray (I used Butter flavor) * 1 8"-sq foil baking pan

Cream of Mushroom soup, seasoning, & sliced red onion, & mushrooms.

I used a portable hot plate & "do-it-all" counter top oven to cook tonight's meal.

Portable hot plate.
Cooking chicken breast cubes; braised, then reduce heat to low to slow cook for a tender bite.

While chicken is slowly cooking, pour water into a medium cooking pan; and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium boil and add bell-broccoli-rice mixture to the boiling water - gently boil at a medium heat, until the rice is softened and cheese sauce is thickened (about 20 minutes).

Cooking the rice, broccoli, & cheese sauce mixture …

Remove chicken from skillet - wipe out; then add veggies to sauté until tender.

Sautéing the onion & mushrooms.

After 20 minutes, add remaining ingredients to the cooked cheesy mixture: blend thoroughly.

Lightly spray foil baking pan, and add blended mixture; carefully place casserole in oven, and cook at 350-degrees for 20 minutes (ovens are different - if you need to add more minutes, that's okay = do not bake more than 30 minutes).

Dinner casserole ready for the oven.
And into the Oven, it went; 350-degrees = 20 mins.

CAREFULLY remove casserole from oven (foil pans are not as sturdy as metal or glass pans) - Holland slid a dinner plate under the casserole to move it from the oven to the hot pad, on the counter top: I thought that was pretty slick ;-)

Serve hot. Enjoy!

The delicious smell got to Holland; he didn't even give me a chance to get a pic of finished product. LOL!

While supper baked, I got a good start on this newest preemie sacque while watching a YouTube movie - and listening to the rain gently fall outside our warm and cozy nest ;-)

Good start with this little item, while Supper cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment