God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

CRAB

Today is our last real day on the Peninsula.

Tomorrow we'll be in Rainer, and Longview all day - in Rainier, to get Holland's teeth more comfortable in his mouth … and in Longview, to visit family and friends before boogieing off to Forks.

Holland has never eaten fresh crab before, so I thought it would be fun to track some down and chow down on it ;-)

First though - we tracked down a dog groomer to give Bleu a bath and clip the tips of his nails again. Strong dog odor gives me a migraine headache; and Bleu's toe nails are too sharp for Holland's skin.

When Bleu came back, he didn't smell so doggy (but he is not hyperallergic, and I do get headaches - trusting Elohim for a healing in this regard), and the woman did a good job on shortening/flattening the tips of his toe nails. I think his nails will always be very long, though: he's a digger, as well as a herder breed of dog.

Then propane tanks were filled; and right across the street from there, I saw a Sadie & Josie Bakery. Holland has been wanting doughnuts, so I suggested we try across the street. Sadie & Josie goods are GOOD: I would drive all the way from Longview to La Center just to buy those delicious goodies :-)

Propane filling day.
I love this big guy … he makes me feel safe; and like a precious Gift.
Sadie & Josie's; 204 Pioneer Rd, Longbeach-WA
Smaller Bakery than the one in La Center … and cheaper prices, too. But they didn't sell doughnuts, so we bought cinnamon rolls and eclairs. YUMMY!

We headed the nose of Betsy towards Nahcotta - with windows open, stereo cranked up loud, and sticky cinnamon roll bits on our fingertips and tongues.

There was no crab to be had in Nahcotta … so, we did a quick spin on the beachfront - and drove back to Longbeach. On our way, we turned onto the Loomis Lake gravel road to take a peek at the lake advertised up and down the roadway. Neither of us had ever been there: another memory made together :-)

Scouting for fresh crabs … the fishermen said they couldn't sell crab to us, fresh off the boat :-(
Cutting the beach drive short, and resumed crab hunting; Ocean Park-WA
Looking for Loomis Lake; Longbeach-WA
The Crab Pot; 1917 Pacific Ave S, Longbeach-WA
They were frozen (no fresh crab in a water tank was available) … so, I only bought 3. I wasn't going to pay extra for the frozen flesh. Frozen meat is denser, so it is heavier on the weight scale.
Supper - Crab & Eclairs; we ate Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast.

Holland couldn't eat the crab - he said it smells "too much like fish bait." Hmmm. I ate them … but I won't be buying anymore crabs. I might get some crabmeat in a restaurant dish, but if the smell is too overwhelming for Holland at home, there is no point to buying whole crabs for home.

We are learning about each other.

Living in unity is a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment