God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

ME~Introvert

TRUTH

I am flashy … and I am on the go all the time. I basically {flash} for myself (I like color in my world); and I get bored easily, so I need to move and be busy.

I can spend hours chit-chatting over coffee at a kitchen table with lifetime friends, when the call comes to "come on over!"

And I do have (and have had for decades) Blogs where I share bits and pieces of myself (selectively). I may say I share 'anything and everything' … but there are pieces of  my life NO ONE GETS TO PEEK INTO except Elohim. Even my husband and children don't get a peek at those bits.

People who don't know {me}, tend to think I am an extrovert.

BUT

In reality I'm an introvert.

I only go places alone; or spend time with people I've known all my life. People who understand my silence, and respect my space.

I've made friends with loneliness - even surrounded by family (aka husband and dog) and friends. I never truly {open up} to anyone; and that can be hard on people wanting all of me.

I mostly visit with new friends in their spaces, because it's easier to get up and come home after 30 minutes … than it is to be rude and watch the clock, making it obvious it is time for them to "go home, now". It's not that they bore me, irritate me, or annoy me - I just start feeling antsy: my social energy is being depleted and I need alone time to recharge. It burns a lot of energy to let so much out, while keeping so much in.

I'm complicated.

Only truly special people will understand ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment