God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A BANG OF A 4th OF JULY

The Meaning & Symbolism Behind The Stars And Stripes: https://marketbusinessnews.com/old-glory-the-meaning-symbolism-behind-the-stars-and-stripes/323476/

This morning after I had let the pups out to do their morning constitutional, I went back to bed and snuggled close to Holland - as I settled into the hollow of his shoulder; he sleepily mumbled (he was sound asleep), "I have three guns … the shooting range …"

I started laughing: softly, so I didn't wake him up. And I thought, "Even in his sleep, he thinks and dreams guns."

Holland has been itching to get to the Shooting Range for months (it is all he has talked about since December).

This is Holland's favorite quote.

But with all the busy activity we've had since we married in January, that was pushed to the back burner of our unfolding Life.

I thought to myself that as soon as he woke up, drank his coffee, and was alert enough to converse coherently - I'd make a point of bringing up shooting activity; the Shooting Range would probably be closed today, but there would be somewhere to get off a couple rounds

So, that is what happened - and he jumped at it. He quickly gathered up his {stuff}, loaded the pups, and jumped in the 4x before anything got a chance to put a halt on it.

Just a little backstory: I like shooting guns, but I don't want an armory in the house. Holland likes lots of guns - and he thinks we need an armory. I nixed that … and he let a lot of his guns go since we married.

And he has gotten it into his head that I hate guns, even though I have repeatedly told him that I strongly support the 2nd Amendment, personal gun ownership, and the right to bear (and use) arms. I have also told him (and so have my friends that he has met), that I am a crack shot.

But, he had to find out on his own ;-)

And today, of all days - America's Freedom Day; he did. While I am admittedly rusty, I held my own; and surprised the heck out of my husband: I love doing that.

Into the woods we went  for a little red-neck target practice ;-)
Freedom for everyone.
A very relaxing afternoon.
Ready for action.
Aiming for the star, as my 'bullseye' mark … used one of Holland's long guns. TX-22 - Taurus 22.
25 or 30 feet distance; not bad.
I'll need a bit more practice with my gun.
My handgun 'Wedding Love Gift'; GX4 - Taurus 9 mm.
Holland is happy - he's finally got me to shoot with him - and he NOW KNOWS that I can shoot.
Letting the boys run free between our load-aim-fire competitions; into the truck while firing off shots.
Holland's Glock 19X
About a 75 foot distance, with Holland's Glock; not bad for a 40-year-span between shots ;-)
AaronTippin - 'The Stars & Stripes & The Eagle Flies' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZTHS_Vk6s)

It's been 40 years since I've held, or fired, a gun: I'll get better with more practice.

But today, after Holland got over the shock, he was proud of me. And I'm happy he's satisfied knowing that I can take care of myself, if push comes to shove.

It was a bang of a good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment