God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

SECOND CHANCES

July 3rd: Holland is blessing my life in so many ways - his encouragements are helping me engage in things I've always wanted to do, but never had a chance to experience (for one reason, or another) with Bob. My life with Bob was good; but a lot of youthful activities fell along the wayside for both of us when parenthood took prominence, 9 months into our marriage. Parenthood was also good … but it also adds expenses that generally puts the kibosh on youthful activities.

In my New Life unfolding there is time now, for those youthful activities (using common sense, of course). And my new husband is a great encourager when I get an itch to scratch those dormant itches ;-)

Monday started out very busy … and ended very happily.

We both felt the day ended on an {accomplished} all the way around ;-)

Tasks were completed from morning to mid-afternoon:

Holland put foam wrap around the bed's rough edge. YAY!
I got busy with the food packages … and Holland got busy with the gates.
Re-Packaging for two, instead of 8 - will stretch this food further/cut down on waste.
Dividing these packages into two, instead of four; a half cup will NOT satisfy a full-grown man!
I love these retractable measuring cups; perfect for limited kitchen storage, and SO COOL.
Prepping for re-packaging.
This is pretty quiet; I feel accomplished with each scaled back & re-sealed package.
Holland set this gate up to keep the boys out of the bedroom; safer this way following the earlier asthma attack. And he set the other one to keep them out of the bunkroom; so they are confined to the LV-Kitchen area, only.

And youthful aspirations were fueled by Second Chance activities: we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the river :-)

Not bad for 66-1/2 … I can still rock short shorts ;-)
My first 4-wheeling adventure since September 1974. Holland was good about it: a very patient {teacher}, very encouraging.
A pretty location - the scare was worth it; Camelot Shore & Cowlitz River.
The boys enjoyed themselves … from one end of the beach, to the  other.
We were over there, yesterday; the Rock Pit Beach -  behind the Castle Rock 'Park' area. It's 4-wheeling entrance, too.
I am determined to DO this …
Praise the Lord!

Holland gets a bang out of my little excitements, and his love is igniting second chances in the New Life we are building together.

Only a few more days, then we are on the road again - YIPPIE!

Current set-up; Castle Rock-WA
Fresh Honey Holland bought on our way home over Coal Creek Road. YUMMY!
Something different Holland grabbed at the store; it's like Snapple Tea with a kick. A refreshing ending to a very good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment