God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, October 5, 2023

WE MADE IT~Quartzsite-AZ

We pulled stakes in wet and rainy WA State, Tuesday afternoon; and headed for the sunshine :-)

Pulling stakes Tuesday afternoon; a novel to read until we travel through new territory.
Clive Cussler; I like reading his books.
We chose the route through Nevada.

Holland hadn't been through most of the route's territory (he always drove freeway when possible), and I hadn't been through this leg of the road trip in 9-1/2 years - at one point of our adventure, I had Holland laughing when I pointed to the garishly painted 'Area 51' building, and told him how shocked I was to realize there was "active business going on in broad daylight" in the pink {cathouse} tacked onto the Area 51 Alien Center, when we (Bob, me, and our granddaughter Alyna) stopped in there to grab a sandwich on our way to see her new baby brother, in Vegas ;-)

But when I'd been this way before with Bob and Alyna, we had driven over the Blue Mountains in Oregon, through a bit of Idaho, and on into Vegas-NV - changing drivers along the way: we made the trip in 18 hours and were dead tired when we arrived.

The route Holland and I took started out & ended differently as we took different highways towards a different destination.

But that alienating pink cathouse was planted in the middle of both routes :-(

Heart-shaped cloud overhead, as we drove through Wilsonville-OR. I love the way Elohim shows me His love for me every step of my new life journey :-)
Crossing a foggy Pass in the Tahoe area.
The NV landscape following the foggy Pass, was covered with blooming sage bushes.
I laughed when I spotted this hill - it looked like a Naturistic bellybutton. LOL!
2:08'noon - we were liking the sunny warmth ;-); there was a fresh dusting of snow along the mountainous ridgeline.
A mining site along the Nevada route, coming into Luning.
Luning-NV elevation.
Luning-NV Info:
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luning,_Nevada)
Strange little dirt 'bowls'.
More snow-dusted mountain tops.
Tonopah Mining Park-NV.Tonopah Mining Park: (https://www.tonopahminingpark.com/)
We decided to 'push through' .. as far down the road as possible before pulling over and catching a few zzz's.
Joshua Trees dotted the landscape …
Joshua Tree Info:
(https://blog.tentree.com/10-facts-about-the-incredible-joshua-tree/)
Amargosa Valley-NV: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amargosa_Valley,_Nevada)
Area 51 Alien Center-cathouse; Amargosa Valley, NV
 Amargosa Valley-NV evening temperature; we slept for 2 hours in a graveled truck lot, kitty-corner a bit from the Area 51 Store-cathouse. 9:06 PM
Quartzsite early morning temperature; we crashed in a graveled lot and slept for 6 hours. 3:10 AM arrival time.

We finally made it!

We were on the road for 26 hours & 1,800 miles … from Washington State to Arizona State, (we took a brief 2 hour siesta in Nevada - mentioned above).

LOVE waking up to sunshine! We all like this site, but we may move along, further towards the mountains.

This adventure has been 8 months in the making, But, we are here now … and Bleu is enjoying his time out of the 4x.

The weather is wonderful!

 We are gonna like this new environment; temperature as I'm shutting down to go to bed tonight.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safe and sound! Thanks for sharing some sights along the way. I read a lot of Clive Cussler books too; my favorite series of his is still the Dirk Pitt books though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely photos on the way, glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I'm always happy to see you paid a visit ;-)

      Have a funtastic week ahead!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a trip! I'm glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly looks like quite the adventure! Love the photos. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes, it is quite an adventure :-)

      Glad you popped in for a visit; have a funtastic week!

      Delete