God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, December 3, 2023

PUNK DOG

The kennel is Bleu's bedroom: it is also his 'time out!' place when he's being a punk.

He was being a punk - so, I decided he needed some time out. I usually just give him a raised eyebrow, and swing the kennel door open: he knows what that means … and usually slinks inside, flopping down with an irritated huff.

But this time, I gave him {the look}, and couldn't swing the kennel door open.

Irritated myself, I finally figured out why the door wouldn't budge, and said, "Holland - WHY did you latch the bottom kennel lock?" I thought maybe he had smacked his shins one too many times on the half-open door. Holland laughed, then said, "I didn't latch it - Bleu did. He's been messing with it for days; he's finally figured out how to slide the latch." 

I opened the door, and Bleu slid past me, giving me a disgusted look - he thought he had outsmarted us.

Last weekend, he figured out how to keep the truck window rolled all the way down; before Daddy figured out how to set the child-safety window feature. This week, he figured out how to trip Mommy up with the kennel.

Bleu has learned how to halt his back window going up without his consent.
'Dad & Son Talk' … and Bleu's punk teenage 'I can't hear you' dazed gaze; 2023-11-24 CA Roadtrip.
Recent Punk activity.

This dog is getting too smart for his own good.

P.U.N.K.

But we love him anyway: we'll just have to exercise our gray matter to stay ahead of his ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment