God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, December 31, 2023

TAKING STOCK & GETTING THINGS DONE


December 30th: We spent the day sorting through stuff. Holland spent the afternoon outside making the truck ready, sorting/tidying the basement stuff, and straightening the backend storage; I sorted, rearranged, and tidied the in-house stuff. We'll be on the road, Monday morning.

Both of us have lived in RV's for extended periods of time, before (Holland, when he was going from job site to job site as a contractor - and me, when Bob was going from job to job as a logger, and later on, after the kids graduated); so this is nothing new to either of us.

Space is limited when traveling in an RV - an RV (home on wheels; constantly in motion) is NOT he same as a stationary "tiny house". While it is true that both have limited space … space in an RV is a bit trickier - things will not stay put unless you make sure they stay put. Also, there are pushouts to consider, and this poses an entirely different scenario when considering {space} modifications. Everything inside the home needs to be easy to transfer and store when the push outs are pulled in - and everything has to securely stay in place enroute, so nothing gets jammed under the slide outs, throwing a monkey wrench into the works.

That's what I was doing this morning: the back bunkroom has, until today, been the catch-all room resembling a bachelor's quarters … but since it will now become my hideaway room (aka: Babe Cave), it needed tidied ;-)

It took a couple hours to pull everything down - go through it, rearrange some of it - and put it back up there. Some stuff was ditched … some stuff was stored elsewhere. But, it's not a chaotic mess, anymore ;-)

Sorting through this mess & straightening it up …
Bought these bins a few days ago - they will work perfectly ;-)
Tidied up.

And the birthday gifts Holland gave me came in handy :-)

Cargo net clamped tight with my BD clamps …

When Holland came in for a break between his tasks - I nabbed him before he went back outside, and asked him to store the oscillating tower fan atop another bunkroom bunk (I would have had to climb that short bunk ladder, and wasn't comfortable with that): he just wrapped the cord around the base, grabbed it with one big hand … and set it secured in place, up there.

It cracks him up how enthusiastically thankful I am for his extra 11-inches in height over my my 5 ft. 3-inch height: "Thank YOU Yeshua, for my tall man!!!"

It makes a difference!


He laughed, wrapped me in a big bear hug (I like that: I can kiss and hug his generous loving heart ;-)), and went happily back outside to wrap things up out there.

It's not as messy as it appears to be, up there; bulky things are secure.

And I thank Elohim every day for my tall man :-)

Maren Morris - Tall Guys/Official Audio: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngeAMlj5ouU)

Afterwards, I hung my birthday LED Lantern, and took stock of my flip-flips stash. I hadn't realized I had so many … but, that's okay: this way, I have a pair to match with every outfit, and every State we'll be visiting before they wear out and need replacing ;-)

My bright BD LED lamp works real fine under the upper bunk; & a quick ct. of my current Dollar Store Thong Stash ;-)

Then, all our moving-day-tasks completed, Holland juiced up a tasty power drink to enjoy before Supper. It was delish :-)

Holland's tasty power juice - carrot, tangerine, pineapple, lemon, & ginger: YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment