God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, January 22, 2024

TACO MIO~Quartzsite-AZ

TACO MIO; Quartzsite-AZ (internet picture)

Ever since we first came to Quartzsite - and periodically since (like now), we have driven past this little mexican restaurant saying we were "going to try it one of these days": today was one of those days ;-)

I was exercising this morning when Holland got up and fixed his morning coffee. When he finished, he said, "It's raining, so I can't do what I planned to do outside today … how about I take my Baby out for something to eat - let's try the mexican restaurant we keep saying we're going to try; we can let Bleu run in the wash up the street, then leave him in the truck and enjoy a sit-down-meal for a change."

I had determinedly started my 'getting back in shape' process this morning & had my mind set on that: but my husband looked so excited to be treating me to a sit-down-restaurant lunch … how could I refuse him?

Today's morning 'WORK IT OUT Post': (https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/01/work-it-outexercisesquartzsite-az.html)

I guess I can look like a chubby Oompa-Loompa another day - and double down on {the process} tomorrow ;-)

We drove up Highway #95 a few miles to a quartz-rock/pebble-gravel wash in the desert, and let Bleu run a bit: he gets cabin fever, too. He chased his ball, and explored … and I chose a few rocks to bring back home with me.

Red Pumice, raw quartz rock, a green rock, a squiggly-type of rock, & a white pumice heart-shaped rock; La Paz Valley Road wash.

When the raindrops started pelting us, we all got back in the 4x and drove back into town.

Holland had faith that Bleu would behave himself while we were satisfying our curiosity about Taco Mio, and enjoying our first ever sit-down-in house-restaurant meal since Bleu became a part of Us, last Spring. It was a big leap for me, because Bleu can be destructive when he's bored; or peeved. He's not a bad little dog - but he can become a handful when he has nothing to do with a big patch of freed up time.

Taco Mio is a small mexican restaurant on Quartzsite's main street; the parking lot is also small, but Holland managed to park Beast Betsy without crowding (or being crowded) by the other vehicles alongside the parking slot he chose.

We {did} Taco Mio … but we will not {do} it again: the waitresses were very young, and very slow in clearing & wiping down vacant tables (ours, included); the food was questionable - my taco salad was just plain strange; & the margarita was undrinkable.

The only thing that could be considered good, was the color of the place. MPO

When we ate what we could (I left the horrible drink after 2 sips, and apologized for the waste of $$), Holland left a tip (he is more generous that I would have been), and we quickly walked to our pickup through a heavy rainfall. When we come back to Arizona, I am going to make sure we both have winter clothing!

And Bleu behaved himself :-)

Now we can enjoy more sit-down restaurant meals, again.

Taco Mio in Quartzsite-AZ
Hmmm; how can I work this pattern into a home design …
Mayan motifs resemble astronaut stuff; MPO
Holland's platter: 3 enchiladas, rice, and refried beans.

My Taco Grande Salad; a weird 'taco' made with a chipped beef stew!
TERRIBLE margarita. YUK!
The food was awful; we paid, but we will not be going back.
This AZ winter looks like a WA winter.

Home, tonight, is very comforting and cozy.

It is raining cats and dogs outside - but inside, all of us are warm, dry, and snuggly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment