God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

NICE TO BE WITH YOU~Ocean Park & Ilwaco-WA


Yesterday we spent a quiet, relaxing day in-house: Holland did some internet surfing, I designed and worked on a new crafted item, and Bleu just lurked around between the both of us. This afternoon, we spent some time at the beach … and enjoyed a short drive into Ilwaco; just for the fun of it :-)

Gallery - 'Nice To Be With You' song: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgN9bV_Uw2I)

It was wet, cold, and windy … but we all enjoyed the fresh ocean air.

Holland watched the waves, and cut a few sand doughnuts.

Bleu raced around in the sand, chasing seagulls and running energy off.

My eyes took in the scenery - and watched the males in my life relaxing, & enjoying themselves.

Frisky Bleu and the deep, angry sea of Ocean Park-WA; the angry waves are CA & OR storms fallout.

Angry, brutal waves were rolling onto Ocean Park's beachway, with spray being violently thrown backwards as they pounded down upon the roiling ocean surface; sand was churned up as the waves made their way inland, and by the time the waves were rolling up on the sandy beach, they were very brown with the churned up sand carried in their angry curls.

A dragonfly totem caught my eye; Ilwaco-WA
Glass Dragonfly Thrift Store, 110A Lake St SW, Ilwaco
Holland spotted this wooden hulled boat … I'd never seen one before. Interesting. I laughed when I saw the name of it ;-)

When I spotted the boat's name, I laughed aloud because the 'Run Bambi, Run' song … and news coverage of that time, immediately ran through my thoughts; and I told Holland why I was laughing: he didn't know what I was talking about.

So, I told him ;-)

Lawrencia Ann "Bambi" Bembenek, known as Laurie Bembenek, was an American former police officer, convicted for the 1981 murder of her husband's ex-wife, Christine Schultz, so that her new husband would no longer have to pay alimony.

While serving a 10 year sentence in a Wisconsin prison, Bembenek escaped through a laundry room window and was picked up by her fiancé Dominic Gugliatto, the brother of a fellow inmate. They fled to Canada. Bembenek's story went national after she escaped.

As publicity around her escape swirled, a slogan began to crop up: “Run, Bambi, Run!” Recaptured in Ontario, Bembenek pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in a retrial and was released with 10 years of probation.

Leaving Ilwaco, we spotted a Museum on a side street, and Holland said it might be interesting to visit …

A museum - might have to check that out.
Columbia Pacific Heritage Museum
(https://www.discoverourcoast.com/our-coast-magazine/history-heritage/our-picks-columbia-pacific-heritage-museum/article_e817fa3a-65c4-11ea-81c2-0f30d99f29ad.html)

When we got back home, I drafted the pattern I jotted down last night while I designed & worked up my crochet purse organizer … and while posting the Purse Organizer Pattern to Blog Hops I frequent, I smiled when I saw that the pattern for my Swiffer jet mop top had been featured on one of the Blog Hops I shared it with :-)

MOD CROCHET PURSE ORGANIZER: https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/02/mod-crochet-purse-organizerfebruary.html

My Swiffer Jet Mop Pad was featured on a Blog Hop ;-)
MOD SWIFFER JET MOP PAD PATTERN~Revised & Updated; Quartzsite-AZ:
 (https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/01/mod-swiffer-jet-mop-pad-patternrevised.html)

Then, while Holland was doing his thing, I exercised, and posted those exercise paces too :-)

Seniors, as well as the younger generation, need to stay fit - and I am hoping Holland will join me at some point.

GLUTES EXERCISES~My Senior Exercise Plan 2024; #9/Long Beach-WA: https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/02/glutes-exercisesmy-senior-exercise-plan.html

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope you guys are staying warm and cozy? I always enjoy seeing what you're up to with your crochet projects.
    Thanks bunches for sharing this stop with Sweet Tea & Friends this month sweet friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are staying warm and cozy :-)

      Glad to stopped in for a visit, Paula - have a funtastic week ahead!

      Delete