God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, July 8, 2024

FOUR WEEK DEADLINE; Vancouver-WA

Living in Woodland for a few months is actually an answer to prayer … I like Woodland, and off-n-on thought it would be kinda nice to live here; Elohim answered that musing of mine, by putting Holland in my life - and arranging for me to live in Woodland; I'm grateful.

BUT

We want our road gypsy home back.

The first week of motel living was fun. It was a new experience for me, and Holland was liking the open room environment. The Insurance representative had called, and we were assured he was "on it".

The second week wasn't bad either; but communication between RV PRO in Vancouver, us in Woodland, and Joel on the east Coast had come to a dead halt with the approaching holiday - phone calls and texts were blatantly ignored, so we were not being informed about progress in Vancouver. He had driven up there twice during this week, and couldn't get information out of anyone: the Office girl was no help, either. Holland was not happy.

The prospect of this week's stay is wearing thin - we are paying a hefty rental fee with a limited income (all other motels are steeply out of our budget): so, last night, Holland decided to drive to Vancouver this morning to fetch Independence … and take it where someone may actually get busy settling accounts & working on repairs issues (he had already spoken to two other RV Shops, this weekend, that were willing to help), so we can get back to living in our home again.

Hopefully down South. He is not keen on PNW winters spent in an RV - and I agree, having lived through several winters in another 5th Wheel RV from 1995 to 2001 with my first husband and granddaughter, during her infancy through 6th year. I don't mind the RV life … but I, like my new husband, do not like the body aches or constant chill of PNW winters.

We need the road damage to (and our towing concerns about) Independence to be satisfactorily addressed so we can get on getting on, instead of living in expensive and clueless limbo.

Neither one of us are good at waiting - and neither one of us like being jerked around.

I am 100% behind Holland concerning this issue.

Vancouver-WA from Woodland-WA; 19 min (17.5 mi) via I-5 S

When we arrived at our destination point to hook up … the battery was dead. Holland hunted someone down to jazz the battery back up so we could hook up and haul away. While waiting, he received a call for Joel saying RV PRO had sent him memos with repairs costs that included roof and pin box work. Holland said, "How can they possibly give repairs quotes when they haven't even removed the nose to inspect the pin box! I'm standing right here looking at my RV, and the nose is still intact - it hasn't been inspected, at all. They've had our home for three weeks and all we've gotten was motel room fees. If the roof and pin box aren't scheduled to be repaired, I can't safely tow my RV: these are my main concerns." Joel said the motel fees could be reimbursed, and he'd get back with RV PRO as soon as both men hung up their phones; letting Holland know something one way or the other, by the end of this week.

3 weeks of sitting & waiting; we planned to kidnap it, but the battery was run dead.

As we were leaving Vancouver, Holland received a phone call from RV PRO, assuring Holland that the roof and pin box would "most assuredly be  taken care of, as requested"; and telling Holland "the nose would be removed this week, inspected, and a notation sent off; I'm gonna call Joel right now." Holland then said, "Fine. I'll drive up towards the end of this week to see how things are progressing."

Holland was establishing a four week deadline. And I'm in agreement: this needs to get underway and wrapped up.

Hopefully a fire was kindled under RV PRO's butts, and things will start moving along.

When we got back to Woodland, the outside temperature was hot, so we let the day cool some, before Holland suggested a drive.

We took a drive around the backside of Woodland; Holland has fished the river here, and passed through jetting between jobs … and I had visited a Tulip Farm & a Lilac Garden solo lobo, a few years back; as well as passing through the backroads on my solo lobo drives to my Messianic Fellowship in Vancouver - and had done Winter Bazaars here for decades: but neither of us had ever actually explored Woodland, before today. Our individual ventures here were always with a specific destination in mind, and we never deviated from those destinations.

Today we broadened our recent explorations: and Holland gave me another peek into his Life :-)

Holland had spent a lot of past fishing hours here … and he shared this place (as well as the fishing stories) with me today.
Deep waters - 50 ft deep shoreline; 90 ft deep by the pylons.
Green Mountain in the distance - for decades I spent a lot of time driving backroads, up there.
Heat Wave on 'til tomorrow evening.

Back at the motel again, I dug into the food cache and tried something new:

Something new; it sounds interesting; soba noodles, beef bits, cabbage, cilantro … a definite repeat ;-)

Today was informative.

Today was filled with curiosity.

Today was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment