God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

WINDSHIELD VIEWS

July 9th: The Wal*Mart here in Woodland is getting a remodel, and it's a maddening mess … so, we drove to the Wal*Mart in Vancouver, and then to WinCo; along the way to, and fro, our windshield view was interesting :-)

I needed to purchase a spiral notebook, scissors, and a sewing kit: I already have these things - but they are all in storage :-(

When I entered Wal*Mart, I was thankful to notice that Office/School Supplies, and Sewing/Crafts items were in the same corner of the store; pretty much dove-tailing each other: I made a beeline for that corner of the store.

I had bought a couple of jeggings the other day: but I am allergic to the metal button shanks, so I need to cover the backsides that touch my skin. I bought a sewing kit; intending to nab one of Holland's ratty ended bandana's to cut a patch to sew over the shank metal … and then I spotted a pack of heavier weight pre-cut patches, and thought those might actually work better. I grabbed a tube of fusion glue, too.

I'll cover all the shank metals tomorrow when the temperatures will be a bit cooler and the glue will set up better.

Then we moved up the street about a block, and bought some groceries at the WinCo store.

Walmart, #9000 NE Hwy 99 in Vancouver-WA from Woodland-WA; 18 min (16.5 mi) via I-5 S
We saw through Betsy's windshield going to Vancouver, a windmill blade … it could be being ferried to Yakima, or California.
Sewing Kit, Patches, & Fusion Glue.

The afternoon temperature as we exited WinCo, reached a hot 100-degrees - the sun's heat felt good.

As we moved down the freeway back towards Woodland, I laughed when I saw through Betsy's windshield a car that practically shouted my name :-D

I nudged Holland, and jokingly said, "Babe, I want a car like that!"

He started laughing, and said, "Yep; that's you, alright."

"Oh look Babe! That car is SO me!! And eyelashes, too ;-)

And we smiled at each other because we remembered the first time I had worn my cheetah boots & cheetah sweater to the Thursday Jam Sessions; I received a shy text from Holland as soon as I walked through my front door later that evening: "You looked nice, tonight." This was a small move about a month before his bold, "We need to talk" move, in November.

And recently when clearing out the closet in Independence (culling and keeping only a few things to store while Independence is getting repaired), I held up those boots and sweater and asked Holland "yea" or "nay": he said, "Keep them Baby - they are YOU." So I did: everything I culled can be replaced … and in truth, my closet needed updating, anyway ;-)

And when I looked through the windshield again, I saw another sight I liked:

I like seeing Old Glory on display.

Normally freeway traffic bores me.

But today was a good day to view life moving forward, through the windshield :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment