God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, October 4, 2024

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS; Ocean Park-WA


We've been wrapping things up here, in WA; we are planning on being on the road South, by this time next week.

We've also been kicking some ideas around about where we'd like this chapter of our life to play out - and we're excited about the possibilities: I'm not going to say too much about it now, but I'll post about it when it's all set in place and unfolding ;-)

Getting ready to leave in a few days; Ocean Park-WA.

Tomorrow, we'll be driving to Longview to pick up Holland's blood pressure prescription, then hopping over to Kelso to visit there … before picking up our mail in Rainier-OR, on our way home through Astoria.

I like loop drives :-)

Last night I worked up a couple pairs of matching tiny tube socks to be paired with the preemie sacques and hats I recently finished up: these little things are a pleasure to knit - and they will be pleasurable things to those receiving them when they are needed.


1 -2 lb. preemie tube sock; the cutest thing! This is an old internet pattern.
2- 4 lb. preemie tube socks; I made the same color pair for a 1 -2 lb. preemie.

This afternoon, I started work on another striped sacque, while watching an old October-themed movie for this month, with Sam Elliot in it:

2-4 lb. preemie design; 'The Frogs' movie w-Sam Elliott.

Sam Elliott, Ray Milland - 'Frogs' (1972) Thriller Movie:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEuJfp4V0wg)

… when a call from David jingled my phone; I was glad to get that call - we have been hoping to visit with David before leaving WA. The call was a direct answer to prayer :-)

So, I put the handwork aside, shut down my laptop, and we left Ocean Park-WA for Long Beach-WA.

Sun going down over the ocean; Ocean Park-WA
Long Beach-WA from Ocean Park-WA; 13 min (9.7 mi) via WA-103 S Pacific Way

It was a good 2 hour visit; laughter, love, and friendly vibes bounced off the walls, and warmed our hearts.

On the way back home, Holland turned down towards the beach - I'd never been to the beach at night; this was a new experience. The ocean was loud - and sounded kinda ominous with blackness surrounding us on all side, after the beach traffic left the sand, and turned towards the main highway.

Night drive on the beach, on our way home from David's.

When we got home, we relaxed for a bit before turning in: Holland checked weather and road conditions for the route he is planning - and I watched another oldie YouTube movie, while I got back to work on that little preemie sleep sack that I had put aside, earlier.

Cozy evening.
Harry Connick Jr. - 'A Wink & A Smile' lyrics:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iUyvt3-sUw)

This chapter of our story is a very nice one; I like it when Holland aims a wink and a smile my way - these are little things, but little things go a long way in making home life enjoyable, and dreams possible ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment