God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, October 4, 2024

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE; Long Beach Peninsula-WA


It rained from 4 AM (I know this because I was still up at 4 ;-)), until I got up around noon (lovin' the freedoms of retired life!); the gray clouds started lifting somewhere around 1'noon - but the temperatures today will remain in the mid-50's until sunset.

We are really ready for the sunshine we're headed for, in a few days.

I'm not sure if we'll be coming back to WA State once we leave it for Yuma-AZ … but if we do, this RV Park is a nice little place to set down; but the owner yesterday said they have it up for sale since this past Spring, and there may be a new owner next year - which will mean, new parking fees :-(

While drinking my morning coffee and waiting for Holland to wake up, I watched this 2 Be Better Podcast; I like these podcast discussions:

Reconnect With Your Love l 2 Be Better Podcast S2 E8:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxOxe1H6iI)

We were supposed to go into Longview this morning, but we both stayed up all night long last night, because we are so amped with excitement about our trip South - so, instead of driving into Longview, we got up late and got out of the house late: taking a leisurely loop drive into Ilwaco and back ... and dropping in at David's, to give him the two books I forgot to give him last evening; we ended up spending two hours shooting the breeze, then we all decided to go out for Supper - so, we drove to Chen's Chinese Restaurant in Long Beach, and had an enjoyable time of table convo, hijinks laughter, and boomeranging love bouncing back and forth between us. I'm so lucky to have the love of these two fellas, lighting up my life and warming my heart :-)

We've shared some of the thoughts we've been kicking around, with David … and he's given us some good points to think on, also. It was a good two hours, spent among friends.

Storm blowing in, off the ocean; Long Beach-WA.
Holland & I both had the House Special Chow Mein.
I ordered the 'Screaming Orgasm' (it sounded interesting, and I was curious); which had everyone laughing, including the head waitress.
I am sure the movie clip of 'When Harry Met Sally' was running through everyone's thoughts, at that point ;-)
Movie CLIP - I'll Have What She's Having (1989) HD: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNEX0fbGePg)
The 'Screaming Orgasm' looks like a White Russian; I asked what was in screaming orgasm, and asked that white rum be substituted for the vodka; amaretto, & kahlĂșa are also in the drink; it was a very strong drink -  David said he could understand why it was labeled as 'screaming'.
House Special Chow Mein; half of it came home with me, to be eaten later on.
My cookie's message.
Holland's cookie message; both messages {fit} where we are in the moment ;-)

I am liking that Holland and David are friends - It's important to me that they get along, because they are both important people to me. I like that they speak the same language, because Holland needs that - he can only engage with girl talk with me for so long, before mentally he's left the room and is ready to change the topic to guns, cars, and macho man BS … David and Holland understand each other. They connect on "important" topics ;-)

And I'm okay with sitting the man talk out, and letting my thoughts go introspective.


Elohim is good, and showers me with continual blessing.

Dave sent a Clive Cussler Novel home with me; I've not read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment