God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

RELAXED JOYFUL DAY; Ocean Park-WA

October 8th: I didn’t do much today; so, I wasn’t on my sore foot long.

Plantar fasciitis P.A.I.N.

Coffee, and Ibuprofen, helped ease the hurt ;-)

And, Holland got me out of the house this morning, too.


MOD Striped Preemie Sacque~3-4 lb. Boy; this got sidelined in lieu of escaping the 4 walls for an hour :-D

As we were leaving the beach, Holland spotted a Bald Eagle on Cranberry Road Beach; and my eyes were made happy by a simple Fall Leaf Swag draped over a white picket fence along Bay Avenue, on the way home: my bones do not like it anymore when Fall arrives, but my eyes sure do like the bright splashes of color dotting the PNW gray-skied landscape :-)

Cranberry Road; Long Beach-WA
Bald Eagle; Cranberry Rd., Long Beach-WA
Bay Avenue, Ocean Park-WA
Fall welcome on Bay Ave.; Ocean Park-WA

There was a serene sense of joy in both instances.

Back home, Holland made a simple supper of hamburger gravy over biscuits - I enjoyed that: I haven't had that in a while … and I told Holland that hamburger gravy over toast was a good childhood memory; good childhood memories are rarities.

After supper, I turned the electric fireplace on, and settled in cozily to enjoy a couple vintage movies; while watching the movies, I finished work on the stripped preemie sacque I designed the other day; there was a quiet domestic joy in the quiet activity.

This electric fireplace really puts the heat out; Independence is warmed from end to end ;-)
MOD Stripped Sacque finished.

I basically just lazed around; drinking coffee, resting my body – resting my mind. Unapologetically not doing much of anything else, but relaxing, and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment