God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, July 7, 2023

FRIENDS CONNECTIONS

July 6th: Busy day (also very e.x.p.e.n.s.i.v.e. day) in Longview shopping - drove home to drop off foods that would spoil … drove back into Longview to grab some metal studs and some scrap lumber; then stopped at Pam and Frank's for a visit before we head out of Dodge on Friday. It was an enjoyable visit.

Got home, unloaded the metal and lumber, and relaxed for a while before 'getting back at it': Holland went to work on his project … and I went to work re-packaging the dehydrated food supply.

Around 10 PM, I called it a night and checked my messages: an invite from David to come stay with him at his beach property :-)

David's text …

July 7th: Up bright and early; house tore down … and we were "off like a herd of turtles" ;-)

Stacked kennels - coat draped, so the counter won't get marred.
Room Extensions pulled in; Kitchen & Livingroom.
I laughed as we pulled out of Castle Rock; with his bandana and sunglasses, Holland looks like a nijah turtle. LOL
Timeframe depends on traffic flow.
Team Spirit.
Trisha Yearwood & Garth Brooks - 'Where Your Road Leads' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omlzz_k9vSU)
'Burger Lunch; Cathlamet-WA
The boys were stretching their legs, for half an hour.
Holland surprised me with a Twisty Ice-Cream Cone: it's the little thoughtful things that count ;-)
Low-tide Oyster Bed mudflats.
Reached David's Beach Lot.

And wouldn't you know it - there were german shepherd's barking their heads off, across the way!!!

But the fence was high … and David assured me that "in all the years I've been coming down here, those dogs have never gotten loose."

And then he and Holland went on and on praising the {good qualities} of those killer dogs. GRRRRR

doberman pinchers on Wednesday; and german shepherd's today: why the test of nerves, and what lesson am I failing, Lord???

And … there are FOUR German Shepherd's across the roadway!

Holland set things up outside (and found the pigtail plug-in needed - he has several 'just in case') - and I set things in place inside: then we drove to the beach to let the boys run free, before coming back home to visit with David for an hour or so :-)

My Shell Garland that swagged my bathroom mirror broke, so I need to buy some fishing line to restring it (Holland thinks he has some in his tackle box, if so - I'll use some of that).
Holland good-naturedly ribbed me. it's a good thing we had those extra pigtail plug-ins! I didn't understand why he had bought SO MANY  now, I DO.
Beachfront Access just minutes from our front door - thanks David, for the tip! Cranberry Lane, Longbeach-WA
The boys loved romping on the beach.
The sand was more interesting to them, than the Pacific Ocean 
Love.
Shania Twain - 'You've Got A Way' song: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n0tBhJOlSk)
Go Cart Challenge. LOL
Praying for Mercy …

Tomorrow is going to be fun!

Both of us intend to win, and neither of us know how to give quarter when a bet is on.

HINT: While we are married friends making a fun connection, and a honeymoon memory (remember a honeymoon lasts an entire year ;-)) … I am NOT going to be eating that crappy mcdonald's food ;-)

Tonight the boy's are staying inside all night long: black bears roam freely here.

No comments:

Post a Comment