God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, April 21, 2024

RELAXING & CATCHING UP; Long Beach-WA


We pulled into Long Beach last night, set up … and crashed, enjoying a welcome rest period.

This morning, I shot a text to David to let him know we'd arrived; then we planned to drive to Warrenton-OR to grab a few groceries.



But first - a drive along the beach :-)

Holland loves the beach; we are thankful to have a friend like David.

Springtime display on Cranberry Rd.
Holland was feeling a little of the Spring Spirit too - and indulged in a 'doughnut' :-)

I generally avoid driving across the Astoria-Megler Bridge … Holland loves driving over that monstrosity; and it's the only way to get across the Columbia River to Warrenton's huge shopping Mall Complex.

So, off we went … with me grousing, and Holland laughingly teasing me.

Warrenton's location …
Crossing the Astoria-Megler Bridge; on our way to Wal*Mart, in Warrenton-OR
Astoria-Megler Bridge
(https://www.britannica.com/topic/Astoria-Bridge)
I don't mind the Warrenton Bridge, crossing Young's Bay-OR
Youngs Bay-OR
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youngs_Bay)
Warrenton-OR from Long Beach-WA; 33 min (21.7 mi) via US-101 S
White Pelicans ;-) ~Young's Bay-OR
White Pelican
(https://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/american-white-pelican)
Warrenton-OR: 
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrenton,_Oregon)
Back home - again over the Astoria-Megler Bridge.

The day was so nice, and the drive was so pleasant, I had thought about asking my husband to take the long way home (I was also thinking about my late friend David Hargrove, whose resting place is not far from where we park when in Long Beach); so I was happily surprise when Holland - of his own inclination - decided to treat me … by taking the long way home, via Sandridge Road (where I pointed out to Holland the place my biker friend David's cremains, rest) - looping through Ocean Park to Home Base.

Ocean Park's  Big Ben ;-)

Super Tramp was playing on the radio station …

We both enjoy this band's music - and we were 'taking the long way home' :-)

Super Tramp - 'Take The Long Way Home' song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_g_IZASPM)

Back home, and groceries put away, I decided to engage in some  'Susie Homemaker' activities … Holland normally claims the kitchen, but tonight I'm giving him the night off.

I was hungering for meatloaf and baked potatoes.

And it makes me happy to have someone in my life to make a Home for, again.

It feels good that my Life has purpose again - instead of simply surviving.

We are going to be enjoying a couple months of flat-footed-domesticity ;-)
My favorite Meatloaf Recipe~2017 Blog Posting ;-)
YES! Allowable in my self-imposed Slim-down Plan.

After Supper, I thought I'd go online and find out if the girls were still meeting for weekly Bible Study in Rosburg-WA … and maybe I'd be able to squeeze a Kelso-WA Fellowship in, too; while we are in WA

Kelso is a lot further away, which means fuel costs will be higher. But I'd like to get there, if possible.

This is closer; and probably more attainable.
Making Plans ;-)
FB's {Memories} Feed tonight, had me reflecting on last year's 'TODAY'S DREAMS~TOMORROW'S REALITY' Blog Post:
 (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2023/04/todays-dreamstomorrows-reality.html)
Picking up where I left off a few weeks ago; I hope to have this completed soon.
I love my big guy - he is literally 'God's Gift to me'.
~Holland; Long Beach-WA

Spring Vibe is definitely in the air :-)

Elohim has been very good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment