God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 5, 2024

HOLLAND'S JUICY LUCY BURGER; Shabbat~Ocean Park-WA

May 4th: The other day we were talking about the predicted high cost of fast foods ($30 for a hamburger at a hamburger joint!!), and Holland told me he makes a tasty 'juicy lucy' … and since I'd never heard of such a thing before, he said he'd make me one ;-)

So, last  night he made them up and put them in the 'fridge … and today, he cooked them …

Holland made these THICK burgers up last night.
This morning, he drove up the street a few paces, after over-sized Burger Buns …
The kitchen smells wonderful.
I got back to working on the item I am designing for Holland; I like making things for the people I love.
Somehow I managed to eat the whole thing ;-)
(((YUM!)))

Holland's Juicy Lucy Burger consisted of 4 hefty angus beef patties (2 patties pinched together, to each serving); centers filled with a mixture of chopped scallions, chopped garlic (not minced, leave chunky), grated Colby cheese, his own seasoning blend … served on over-sized buns spread with mayo, slow-cooked red onions, tomato slices & spinach leaves. SO GOOD!

And since I am only eating 1 main meal a day, I didn't feel even a twinge of guilt while chowing down ;-)

Healthy weight loss goal.
Baby Food Diets are not wise …

Holland can't stand long - his back and knees get painfully inflamed; so, when we finished eating, I did the dishes so he could just relax those angry nerve endings. We are both hoping there will be some relief for his aching knees in the near future … but the damage to his back is something else; and I'm thinking only Yeshua can take care of that problem.

After that delicious Supper, and after the dishes were done (Holland is good about kitchen clean up while cooking, so I didn't have much to do), we were both feeling fat and sassy. And we both relaxed the evening away listening to the steady rainfall outside, while he watched his YouTube stuff - and I watched a few vintage YouTube pay-for-view Movies (I did a Barbra Streisand blitz) - while continuing work on my designing item: I hope to have that finished before this month ends.

Worked steadily while enjoying vintage movies 'til bedtime ;-)
Having fun with my new watch.
New Watch Post
(https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/05/a-blessed-surprise-shabbatocean-park-wa.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment