God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 9, 2024

ROCK-N-ROLL DAY; Ocean Beach Peninsula-WA

Atlantis

May 7th: This afternoon I had a scheduled hair appointment around 2 … so, we drove to Cranberry Road first to get Holland's wave-watching in ;-)

Watching choppy waves rolling in, to the backbeat of Boston.

Boston - 'Feelin' Satisfied' Lyrics: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbrmA05SSFE)

We noticed that the rocking and rolling waves were starting further offshore before curling in and pounding the beach; I've mentioned before how Holland's eyes sparkle when he's watching the waves … and his whole body literally relaxes - if the fabled Atlantis was an actual place, I'm sure Holland would have been born there.

He's a true water baby ;-)

Atlantis: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis)

Donovan - 'Atlantis' song: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRknQIEoKg)

We had only been watching the waves for a matter of minutes, when Joanne called to tell me she had an open spot available to do my hair (an hour earlier) - and I jumped on it: my hair hasn't been tended to since we started living full time on the road; I've cut the bangs back over the months, but overall, my poor hair was long overdue for much needed attention.

Holland turned Betsy around, and off we went to find the 'best little hair house in Klipsan' :-)

Holland likes long hair … and logically, long hair will work best for full-time RVing; the best way to grow my hair out evenly, is to routinely trim the ends and stimulate growth. I had long hair for decades, though Holland has only known me since I had it shagged 5 years ago.

We are in the process of familiarizing ourselves with the lay of the land here on the peninsula, but we did locate Joanne's salon pretty quickly.

Best Little Hair House in Klipsan-WA; 21904 V Ln, Ocean Park, WA

The salon was clean.

The price was right.

Joanne was a fun person and entertained me while she went about her business … and I happily watched wispy hair trimmings roll across her salon floor.

I left satisfied with what I paid for.

Climbing into Betsy's cab, I suggested we check out some more waves before we go home since wave watching time on Cranberry Road had been cut short. Holland didn't waste any time rocking Betsy over the graveled sandy country lane to the nearest beach approach ;-)

Ocean Park Approach before parking at Home.
I hope to watch beach kites this year, at Long Beach's Kite Festival.

We spent an enjoyable half hour watching waves, kites, people, sea/sand birds; listening to music, and chit chat between us … before turning Betsy homebound, to roll to a stand still beside Independence.

Holland cooked delicious hamburgers; and I fitted & pieced my crochet design together.

Us parked currently at Ocean Bay Mobile & RV Park; #2515 Bay Ave, Ocean Park, WA
Shoulders pieces joined & prep work for edging.

No comments:

Post a Comment