GOD KNEW I NEEDED YOU

Saturday, August 8, 2026

CROCHET BROOM HANDLE COBWEB DUSTER; Castle Rock-WA

Crochet Broom Handle Cobweb Buster

Holland was gone for a couple hours today ,,, so, I took that time to clean Independence's surfaces ๐Ÿงผ, and every corner ๐Ÿงน: the spiders have been making little artistic appearances - it was time to serve them an eviction notice ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ•ท with the yarn covered ๐Ÿงถ end of my broomstick ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dropping the trusty crocheted 20-year-old (yes, it really is that old, but still useable) dusty, web-swathed duster, into the laundry hamper ๐Ÿงบ … I thought a second web duster might come in handy; so, I went online ๐Ÿ’ป and found a pattern ๐Ÿ˜Š

This pattern is for the most part posted in the original pattern layout - then only addition I've made, is the explanation of pattern terms.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes max

Supplies: 1 oz worsted weight yarn either cotton or acrylic * US H crochet hook * tapestry needle

Terms:

ch = chain

sc = single crochet

blo = back loop only

Size: Approximately 6 inches tall

Tube Instructions:

Rnd 1: Starting at top, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6 sc)

Note 1: Do not join rounds. Mark first stitch of each round if necessary.

Rnd 2: 2 sc in blo of each stitch around (12sc)

Rnds 3-5: Sc in blo of each stitch around (12sc)

Note 2: At this point try it on a broom handle. It should fit fairly snug. If it fits too loose, switch to a smaller hook for the remainder of the tube.

Rnds 6-19: Sc in each st around. Tube should be approximately 6 inches long. Slip stitch in next 2 sc.

Break off and weave in end.

Loops:

Join yarn with a slipstitch in first unworked loop of round 1. Chain 12, slip stitch in next unworked loop. Continue working chain 12 and slipstitch in next unused loop until you reach the start of round 6. (40 loops)

Break off and weave in end.

Place on broom handle and dust those cobwebs away. Shake and wash.


~Pattern By Suzie from Bellingham, WA: 

(http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2006/08/broom-handle-duster-pattern.html)

9 comments:

  1. I love your cobweb buster!!! I cannot say that I am dedicated in destroying the cobwebs enough to make one myself but this does inspire me! (I used to rely on taller people to get them for me LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always tell my kids that "spider are our friends, so move the safe ones to a safer location for them instead of smashing them; of course, kill the dangerous ones." That said - I still do not want them setting up housekeeping in the corners of my home for very long - when the webs become dusty eyesores ๐Ÿ‘€ … it's time to move them along ๐Ÿ˜‰

      I'm glad you like it; and I'm glad you visited my Page, today ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Have a funtastic week, ahead!

      Delete
  2. Hi Val, back to say this is one of my features for this week's WTJ, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - always glad to see your name pop up ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Have funtastic week!

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea, thanks for sharing with us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW - glad you like it ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Have a funtastic week, ahead!

      Delete
  4. This is genius Val. You come up with the most unique ideas.
    Thanks bunches for sharing with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Paula ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Have a funtastic week, ahead!

      Delete