GOD KNEW I NEEDED YOU

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

HAZE ALL AROUND US: WA State Wildfires~Self-Care; Castle Rock-WA

We woke up to drifting smoke haze & an amber tinged atmosphere - the wildfires may be on the other side of the mountains (Spokane, Walla Walla, Tri-Cities, Dalles in the WA Gorge, Hood River, & the Umatilla area in OR across the Columbia River) … but the drift is reaching us, here in Cowlitz County:

The air smells like ashy campfire smoke & you can taste it.

{{Spokane-WA, is located in Spokane County, which is situated in eastern Washington along the Idaho border

Walla Walla, WA is located in Walla Walla County, which is in southeastern Washington.

Tri-Cities-WA, is a metropolitan area consisting of Benton and Franklin counties in Washington state, anchored by the cities of Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland (the Tri-Cities).

The Dalles, on the Washington side of the gorge is in Wenatchee County and Columbia County, but the Dalles proper is in Oregon.

Hood River County is in the far northwestern part of Oregon, bordered by the Columbia River to the north, Wasco County to the east, Clackamas and Multnomah Counties to the west, and Skamania County, Washington, to the north.

The Umatilla area is in Umatilla County, Oregon. This county is located in the northeastern part of the state, where the Blue Mountains meet the Columbia Plateau. It is bordered by Benton County, Walla Walla County, and Columbia County in Washington, as well as Wallowa, Union, and Grant Counties in Oregon.}}

I think we'll probably be here, in Castle Rock-WA, until Spring 2027; medical & dental appointments have eaten into the travel time needed to get to out of WA, this year; and Holland wants to address Betsy's & Independence's maintenance concerns, before we leave WA; all of this takes time … plus, the wildfires have also put a crimp into travel - we would have had to pass through major smokey regions. In this way, the various stonewalling and hesitancies of people we have to deal with to get those goals met, have kept us set down here; and relatively safe - all things, considered.

I had to use the inhaler, a couple times (husband's concern), due to the overhanging smoky haze.

The delays are a reminder that Elohim is ultimately in control, & patience is a virtue - and a necessity needed to react calmly to slower-than-desired progress toward desired goals.

I just did a simple stretching routine, today; RV's aren't very air-tight, & some of the smoky haze was sneaking in - my eyes and lungs were feeling the creeping intrusion … so, I worked my body muscles gently, this afternoon:

5 Minute Daily Stretching Routine For Women Over 50!:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF965ll2J0c)

I visited my blogger friends before turning into bed early - I've got a get-together planned for tomorrow at noon; and saw that my peacock feather hair clip design has been a hit this past week - as well as my crochet book covers; I'm glad people enjoy my creative yarncraft moments ๐Ÿงถ as much as I do ๐Ÿ˜Š

MOD Peacock Hair Clip featured on Melynda's Blog @ https://scratchmadefoodforhungrypeople.blogspot.com/2026/07/weekend-traffic-jam-reboot-07312026.html
MOD Peacock Hair Clip featured on Stephanie's Blog @ https://crazylittlelovebirds.blogspot.com/2026/07/the-crazy-little-lovebirds-link-party_01011084549.html
MOD Crochet Sc-Bar St Paperback Cover Pattern, was featured on Natasha's Blog @ https://serenityyou.com/sharing-serenity-link-party-august-2026/

These are just the Blog Hops these ladies host … they post on many topics ๐Ÿ‘, so check out their homepages, as well ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment